Chapter 12

The morning weather was sunny and comfy, a perfect condition to begin the day but for Geoul, he felt nothing of the sort and all pressure.

The director looked more intimidating with his hair combed back and a facial of smooth skin despite his old age.

He froze upon stared dead by the man behind the rectangular table across the luxurious room.

JiU shook the hand he was holding, signalling him to go further in which he automatically did.

Inside the room, some familiar faces could also be spotted at the side near the glass walls but that was the least of his concern at that time.

Even a jealous stare he got from a specific man was completely ignored. That man's name is Sehyoon in case someone forgot. I know what he felt so I kind of pity him.

When he stood a few steps in front of the table, the older man got up from his seat, one eyebrow raised while walking to the front of the table.

"Geoul." The man's voice was deep. "I assumed that you already know who I am, am I correct?"

"I know, Sir." He answered as firm as he could, not backing away now.

"And you still won't let go of my daughter's hand?" The older man's eyes fell to his hand, intertwined with JiU's slender fingers.

"She won't let me, Sir, so I'm afraid she will kill me if I did."

JiU did not expect that to come from him so she quickly pulled her hand and hid it behind her back as she smiled sheepishly at her father.

"It's to prevent him from getting lost, heee~ and also because I want to."

This time it was his turn to be surprised by her statement as he bellowed, stopping a cough from coming out.

"Do broken arm makes you courageous?" Sowon asked, watching the scene.

"I'd like to believe that is not courageous but her hormone kicking in," Handong wisely answered, pinching her chin in a thinking manner.

"I can't blame her. She had been waiting for him for five years. I'm surprised she didn't kill him upon the first reunion." Their team leader, Ayoung stepped into the side chat last.

As for the two male members of the team, Sehyoon and Chan, they could only stay quiet and keep their feelings to themselves. The younger knew how heartbroken his senior was but there's nothing they could do.

Back to Director Kim, he was staring intently at his oldest daughter to intimidate her but she gave him an eye-smile in return. With that, she broke his intimidation in a matter of seconds as he sighed.

"Alright, alright, you're all grown up now so do whatever you want." He nodded defeated. "Anyway, how's your arm?"

She giggled, knowing well that she will always win against him. "Hehe, it's not hurt anymore but I still can't use it yet."

Geoul who stood beside JiU scratched his cheek, clueless. 'Is the intimidation session over now?'

"You can relax now, Geoul. I was just acting cos I got to protect my daughter, you know." Director Kim answered his thought right away as if the older man knew what was inside his head.

He smiled, making Director Kim slightly blushed somehow. Yes, his smile is that charming and I won't deny that though I don't want to admit it either.

"Understandable. I will also protect her with all my heart, especially from other guys." He stated and bowed 90 degrees, something he rarely did.

"Y-yes, yes. I believe you do." Flustered the old man, patting his shoulder.