Chapter 32

"Yah, for real? No introduction whatsoever?"

He grinned, directed at the woman in the full white outfit at the top of the stairs a few meters in front of them. Their eye contact lasted for a few seconds before the woman spoke with a soft but clear voice.

"You may call me Sister, and who might you be, man? Someone who will pose a threat to my children? I certainly hope not."

Both Yuna and Yoohyeon already sweat bullets, looking at Sister's stabbing eyes. As for him, he was calm as usual while knowing full well that the so-called Witch was on a whole other level of danger.

'This is quite unexpected. This woman is far more dangerous than Aranea.' He kept his thoughts to himself so he wouldn't alert the others.

He then felt a nudge from Yoohyeon, mouthing him to say something. Well, what could he say? That he was there to kill the Witch and got himself killed instead? I have no complaints about it though.

"No, I am not. I am here to check on their conditions, that's all."

He once again was threatened by the woman's indescribable stare and he could get lost in her eyes as if he was swimming in the calm ocean. In reality, he wasn't swimming but drowning, gasping for air.

Good thing he himself wasn't someone normal for if he was a normal human, he surely would have been trapped by the Witch's gaze. He managed to hold on until Sister turned around and left. Her long black hair glistened despite the dark as it slowly disappeared.

He huffed to the floor. "Those eyes are like a whirlpool, sucking you in. Luckily, I've been trapped in another whirlpool, a bigger one at that too."

He thought that no one knew what he meant yet Yoohyeon simply guessed it correctly. A very smart girl, so I stan.

"JiU unnie's eyes, right? I know. Anyway, let's move before she comes back. I don't want to die."

Yuna followed Yoohyeon while asking a question, "Who's Jiyu unnie?"

"Nuh-uh, not Jiyu, it's J.I.U, JiU. And she's my sister, also a crush of that Mister," Yoohyeon whispered the last part while glancing at him who choked on his tongue.

"Come on, Yoohyeon. Give me a break. How did you get that kind of information anyway? You assumed without giving me a chance to say anything." He shook his head as he followed them upstairs.

"So, you're saying I'm wrong? You don't like JiU unnie?"

"I didn't say that. It's just-"

"See? You can't lie," she said, cutting him off. "Not to me at least but I'm sure everyone can see what you have for JiU unnie. Too obvious."

He gave up, not gonna explain anything to Yoohyeon anymore. "Forget it. Let's focus for now."

He took the last step and arrived on the second floor. Just as he thought, it stinks. Not as in the smell but the vibe coming from every angle.

"Yoohyeon unnie, you can wait downstairs if you feel sick."

He looked at Yoohyeon when he heard what Yuna said. "Does it affect you too? Why did you come up here then? Are you okay?"

She giggled, embarrassed. "Yah, of course I'm fine. I just don't like the feeling on this floor, that's all."

"If you say so. Please be careful. You too, Yuna. Don't be a klutz like a certain someone," he said, smiling at Yuna while gesturing his head towards Yoohyeon.

He made the girl giggle as the older one pouted, crossing her arms.

He turned back around and started walking, slowly so he could assess the condition of the building. The air was misty and stuffy like he was walking in a closed box inside another thick box.