Chapter 29

"Geoul…" 

He turned around as he stepped out of the lobby, blocking the not so crowded entrance. At the side was JiU approaching him with her hands behind her back. 

"Yeah? Anything you need before I leave, Minji?" he asked. 

"No, no, no, it's nothing. I just want to make sure that you're really okay alone."

"Why won't I?" 

Her lips pursed into a tight wallet for a moment before she spoke, "You know, you need me to trigger your power in case something bad happens." 

His hands hid inside his black trouser's pocket as he appeared to be thinking. Acting smart for no reason, tch. 

"Let's just hope it will be nothing. I would like a peaceful investigation once in a while." 

She nodded, slowly before she smiled. "You're right, it won't be anything. I'm sorry I'm thinking too much." 

"I know you can't help it, don't worry. Also, you just want to be with me all the time, don't you?" His arms formed into a proud crossing over his chest. 

JiU rolled her eyes at him even though he wasn't wrong but she didn't want to give in to his pleasantries. Only she can do that to him, not the opposite. 

"Don't flatter yourself too much, Kim Geoul, hmph. Anyhow, take care." She turned her heels and took a step. Before she knew it, she already looked back at him. "Don't go hitting on random girls there," she warned, squinting her eyes. 

He should be scared of her warning yet it made him happy instead as he chuckled, avoiding her eyes. You ask me why? How should I know? I ain't his babysitter. 

"Yes, ma'am." He gracefully bowed and left the building. 

JiU walked back inside while covering her mouth since she couldn't block her giggle. 

On the way to the elevator, walking past the near opened waiting space, someone suddenly greeted her while holding a cup of tea in her hand. 

"Did you two become official now?" The person elegantly took a sip. 

She jumped, eyes widened. "Dongie! You startled me! What are you doing here?" She calmed down and flopped down on the opposite side of the Chinese girl. 

"To wish luck to Geoul but aren't you damn faster?" Handong shrugged and leaned over her crossed legs. "So?" 

She was flustered getting eyed by Handong. "Hmm? What 'so'?" 

"Playing dumb with me won't get you anywhere, JiU." 

She sighed, knowing full well that nothing skipped past Handong when it involved her friends. That is how attentive she acts towards the one she cares about. 

"I… don't know…" Her answer escaped into the form of a whisper. 

"Pathetic," Handong said in all honesty. 

"Wha– Yah! That was harsh!" 

"And you think what you said isn't harsh? What do you think he would feel if he heard that? After all the obvious gestures you did to him. Were those just a tease?"

Handong was right again. I wonder if she ever gets tired of that. 

"I don't." 

What? … 

JiU looked at Handong, head tilted confused. And I will pretend I didn't hear that so moving on. The purple-haired shrugged and just replied hesitantly.