Chapter 14

"So, tell me why are you here again? I thought I'm supposed to be alone for this task," Geoul questioned the woman on the seat beside him.

He was sure that the task Ayoung handed to him should be his trial and he shouldn't receive any help from anyone yet JiU followed him inside the bus and casually sat down beside him.

"I told you we're going the same way. I will be late if take the next bus after this one. Why? You don't believe me?" she asked him back, looking at him with her bright doe eyes.

"I don't," he answered before a long sigh escaped his mouth.

What she did at that moment is the reason why he didn't want her there. Her presence distracted him. Her appearance, her smile, her drugging scents, her everything.

He made up his mind after a short while. "You know what? Forget it. This is too hard to resist so let's do this together." He smiled.

"I'll accompany you if you insist," she happily replied and leaned back satisfied.

"I knew it. Are you perhaps afraid in case I'm running away again? That's why you follow me?" he jokingly asked as he chuckled.

Unfortunately, that was a wrong move as it triggered her negative emotion.

"Yes, I am scared," she stared deep into his bright black orbs.

"You know how I feel when I woke up but the person who has such an impact on me wasn't there? The person that is very precious to me was gone."

Her pupils were shaking, causing her to look away. "I waited and waited but nothing. My heart was in pain whenever bad thoughts about you crossed my mind and I don't want to go through that again."

She took a deep sniff, lowering her head. "I hate it... Those five long years were enough," she muttered low but enough for him to hear.

Geoul stayed quiet, slowly turning to the front. He had no idea his disappearance hurts her to that extend. Of course, because you're dumb.

Guilty struck him as a nail smashed with the hammer. However, he also felt as happy as dried grasses showering in the rain during hot summer.

'Do I even have the right to feel happy after I hurt her?' he thought, once again looking towards her direction.

JiU was looking at the other side, hiding her red and watery eyes.

"I'm sorry. I was afraid at that time. Afraid to come back because I thought I could lead them away from you and the others but what I know? You chose to fight and I should've known that. You're not one to run away from your problems, unlike me."

"If I had to choose, I'd rather you protect me in front of my eyes than from afar so I could do the same," she said, not sparing a glance at him.

"Are you sulking, JiU? You'll make him feel bad," commented Gahyeon who silently witnessed the whole conversation.

'It's his fault, not mine,' JiU said, defending her action.

As he was about to speak, the bus slowed down, signalling the arrival to their destination. JiU quickly stood up and moved to the aisle seat on the other side, still not looking at him.

He looked at her for a moment and left for the door.

"Idiot," she mumbled by herself.  She crossed her arms annoyed and winced in pain immediately as she forgot about her broken right arm.

"Serve you right. Go on, sulk more so he will leave you in the dust."

"He should have at least get into my good side again. You know, win me over or some—" She looked at her wrist as someone just grabbed it.

"You're really a needy woman, don't you, Minji?" He chuckled, happy he caught her while she was in that cute moody mood.

She abruptly stood up. "N-No, I'm not! I just need you. Satisfied now?"

He smiled, his heart jumped in delight. "Good enough." he nodded and pulled her by the wrist. "Let's go. It's mission time."

"Let me go. I know you don't want me here in case I'll get in your way. You can leave me and I won't be offended so don't worry." Her expression somehow contradicted what she said.

"Great, now you're playing hard to get. Very cute."

She ignored Gahyeon's sarcasm as her eyes were focused on her hand, tightly secured by his grasp and her poker face broke in a matter of seconds.

"I'm serious. You don't have to mind me. I'm okay on my—"

He hissed, cutting her words short. "Shut up and walk or I will carry you on my shoulder."

She stopped her fake resistance and followed by getting dragged behind him with a hidden smile on her face.

|

After five minutes of walking from the bus stop, they arrived at the high school where the task took place.

From afar, he could see how vacant the school ground was. Even the security guards were nowhere to be seen.

At first glance, the area is beautiful. The high school is probably for the elite judging from how it looks. Scratch that, a school for luxurious kids indeed.

He felt JiU's grip on his hand tightened. "Scared?" he asked, smiling at her.

She shook her head. "No, just to make sure you won't leave me behind." She then returned his smile.

"I won't."

Having each other's back, Geoul and JiU stepped inside the already opened gate. Strong breezes instantly washed over them as dark clouds spiralled above the school buildings, menacing.

The flashing of blue lightning hidden inside the clouds sometimes clawed down, loudly roared as if it was a warning to them to get far away.

"Okay, I admit. That startled me a little," he said while touching his chest.

She giggled and patted his shoulder. "It's gonna be fine. Let's go find Instructor Jinae and complete this task."

"Roger that, Minji noona." His tone sounded playful as she just rolled her eyes and ran away from him.

Who the hell started a mission with playing catch like that? No one but it's JiU so... Damn it.

Back to the story, unknown to them, on the top floor of one of the buildings, a few people were watching them. Their position was upside down, sticking to the walls and their eyes were fully black.

"New nutrients, kehkehkeh."

|

Cut! So it begins. Same setting, different enemies. Quick question before I go. Do you guys excited about the reality show? Cos I know I am. Thank you for reading and voting. Dream out.