Chapter 11

The building in front of him is tall. It has ten floors after he counted while in the awed state.

He saw buildings like that all the time but he never stepped foot inside any of them so the fact that he needed to get into the building chewed up his nervous system. 

The moment his foot crossed the entrance passing the full-body scanner, he almost fainted by the interior. It's fancier-looking than its outside look.

The worse thing is, everyone wore a very neat outfit compared to him with casual wear of a white shirt and his signature black hoodie combined with black slim-fit cargo pants. Even his high sneakers could not compete with their glimmering footwear.

"I think I wanna go home. Anxiety is attacking me." He said with a smiley emoji-looking face but dead inside. Why didn't he dead outside too? No idea.

"Yah, you don't have anxiety, you're just nervous but you have to do this." Encouraged JiU who was beside him since earlier.

"I'm joking but seriously, I can never get used to this. I'm doing it because you asked me to."

"Did he become more straightforward nowadays or is it just me?" Gahyeon rubbed her chin, thinking.

'I like it tho.'

"Sure, sure. You don't need to say that, everyone who's not blind can see it."

Her muffled giggle escaped thus getting his attention. "Oh? It's nothing." She dismissed him when her eyes met his confused stare.

"Did Gahyeon talk bad about me?"

"Not all all. She just wants to walk around like she always does whenever we are here. Maybe she found something that piqued her interest."

"I see. I mean, this place is huge and beautiful so I can see why." He nodded by himself. "Well then, I'll take my leave."

He turned around to leave as JiU rolled her eyes and grabbed the back of his collar. She would not force him, but they were already there so she did not want their time to go to waste. Plus, she knew he was joking.

"Fineee..." He gave up, following close beside her.

She smiled and spread out her hand in front of him. "Want to hold my hand?"

His heart thumped as a similar scene five years ago played in his head and he remembered he rejected her offer at that time. Did not want to repeat history, he held her fingers and lowered their hands between them.

"Why am I so shy right now?" Her lips were pursed shut so a smile would not take over her whole face.

"Huh? You offered so I take it. Not my fault." He shrugged.

"Yea, so you wouldn't get lost." She chuckled.

The walk from the lobby to the elevator was quiet as JiU amusingly smiled, looking at him while he observed all the stuff that caught his attention. He looked like kids who visited their parents' workplace for the first time.

'Cute.'

No one paid attention to them until they reached the elevator considering people on the lower floors are not too deep into her identity as the daughter of their director.

Easy for her to work, she preferred it that way but once they reached the top floor, everyone will treat her like she is an important member of the company.

No matter how many times she told them not to do that, nothing changed. Well, except her teammates and several other staffs who works in the same branch as she is.

"Geoul, you might wanna pull up your hoodie. Our next stop is kind of loud and...intruding? I'm used to it but you might not."

A corner of his mouth curved up. "Thank you for your concern, noona but I'll be fine. It's time for a change."

"If you're okay with it, I won't say anything further. But, if you can't handle the crowd, you can cover your face and hide behind me."

"Yah, I'm not a kid, sheesh."

She already expected that kind of reaction from him so she just laughed with her eyes cutely closed.

"So, should I let go?"

"No." Her answer caused his heart to madly beat without destination meanwhile my heart beats with anger, humph!

|

They arrived at the top floor where her parents were located and also where her branch was placed.

Her teammates were not there so all the people who greeted her were everyday staffs and friends that handle IT for their team and several other experts.

He wondered if they already know about the last night's event since no one really cares about her broken arm. They gave her a worried look with a small nag regarding her safety and moved on.

Some of them were too formal and cautious with her while some others were more casual and friendlier. The latter one, of course, gave him less pressure for him to face.

"Who is this if I may ask?" A woman attending some kind of monitor asked her.

She smiled, turning to him. "Introducing to you, this is Miss Yeonhee the head of the comm unit. And this is Geoul. I bring him to meet with Director Kim." She told the older.

He bowed his head at the fierce-looking woman with long black hair. Yeonhee inspected him for a while and noticed JiU's fingers he was holding. After a while, she smiled back as she nodded.

"I see. Good luck." Without wasting more of their time, she let them went their way to the CEO office.

Entering another door and reached the empty hallway, he spoke. "That was calmer than I expected."

"Mm. Probably because it's still early. Nonetheless, let's get this business done so you can leave. That's what you want right?" She shrugged her eyebrows.

"Yeah, if I can survive this." He reluctantly said when he saw the sign of the CEO office at the end of the hallway.

JiU assured him that everything will be fine and smooth but when they entered the office, a sharp glare shot through his heart immediately. Other stares from the people inside the room were pale in comparison to the man behind the desk.

His grip on JiU's fingers tightened as he gulped. 'That is quite an intimidation...'

|

Cut! Thank you for reading and voting. Don't forget to stream Eclipse even though it's a Japanese comeback. Dream out.