Chapter 2: Time to Find the Culprit

Athena's POV

We arrive to the infirmary. "The guy who hurt his leg is in here somewhere." We look around and he spots them. "Find 'em!!" Grim points at the two nearby. They heard his voice and turn to see us in the infirmary, somewhat surprised. "What's with you guys?," one student ask. The other student recognize us right away. "You're those guys from Ramshackle Dorm that were at the Unbirthday Party," another said. Grim was a bit stunned by the student's comment. "Ooh, look at how famous we are!!" I quietly shrug as I look at the students. "We're here to talk about your injury. Do you remember what happened before the accident?" The student who injured himself yesterday spoke. "I don't really get it either. Him and I were just talking... before I knew it I'd fallen down the stairs."

The second one agree. "Yeah. It wasn't like he stumbled or slipped or anything." "Almost like my body just kinda left forward... I can't really put it into words well." I tilt my head and hum quietly. The injured student who fall down the stairs is strange. "I see. I see," Grim hum. That information should be good enough. Maybe we should look for more witnesses. "Thank you for your corporation," I bow. We left the infirmary and search for the next person. Soon, we arrive to a class where I heard from someone said the student has been injured not too long ago. We arrive there to meet the student. "Hey hey. You got hurt pretty bad not too long ago, right? Tell us about it." Grin call out to the student. They turn around to see us with a stern look.

"And who are you guys exactly?," a Pomefiore student frown. This student seems frustrated to see us. "He is upset that he can't participate in Magift in top condition right now!!" Jeez, we're here to ask you a question or two. "We're here to investigate the injuries." I'm hoping this guy won't pick a fight. It'll be troublesome if we're gonna fight in here. The student frown like he wants to battle. "How could you be so tactless, throwing salt onto someone's wound like that." He grab his magic pen and points at us, ready to fight. "I challenge you!! Pick up the glove!!" Why would you wanna fight bro?! I shook my head and place my hands on my hip, glaring at the student. "Didn't you hear what I just said? We're only here to investigate the injuries, not fighting. If you dare to fight..."

My gaze slowly turn to a death stare. "I'll break a few bones until you can't get up no more." To see me threatening them made the injured one stumbled back a bit. He didn't want to fight, so he put his pen away after that. "F-Fine. I'll tell you about that day." That's good since this guy ain't gonna fight against me. The other student spoke up. "It happened in the laboratory. Out of nowhere he grasped a pot of boiling potion with his bare hands and threw the whole class into an uproar!! Then he went and knocked over the pot all over the counter," he explain. He also react the scene that happened as well. "I was so surprised!!" The injured student just glare at his classmate. "Are you going to tell them everything?!"

Okay, that's another juicy information from the Pomefiorm students. "Mmhmm mmhmm," he hum,"I see." Guess that's all for today. Time to head back to the dorm. "Please take care. Let's go back to the dorm Grim." He nod and left the classroom and back to the dorm. Now, we're in the foyer after gathering information from each students who were injured. "I can't see anyone we talked to as anything other than clumsy." It doesn't sound clumsy to me. "To me, each and every student's action doesn't seem to add up," I thought,"every incident so far wasn't like self harm or anything. It doesn't sound clumsy for me." Grim look up at me when I respond as he raise an eyebrow. He thinks what I'm saying is they're not that clumsy. "Do we still think these weren't accidents?," he ask.

Before I could answer, a doorbell ring. Luckily, I somehow fixed the doorbell and make it work to let someone ding dong. "Hm? Who's there?" I head to the door and open to see Ace. "Yooo," Ace wave. "Ace, what brings you here?," I gasp. We weren't expecting him to come over at this time. "I came here to visit you guys." He notice Grim being cheery today and smile. "Oh, Grim you look better." Grim on the other hand gave a droopy stern look. He didn't want to see him here. "Ugh, it's just you. Listen, I'm pretty busy right now so I don't have time to hang out." He was confuse as to what Grim was saying before looking at him. "Busy? You're not gonna finish the homework?," Ace ask. I shook my head.