Chapter 4: Invited to a Party until Things Took a Sudden Turn

Athena's POV

I gently brush my lavender hair, set down the brush, and brought my hair to a low bun. I left a few strands of hair before walking to a mirror stand, staring at my own reflection. My winter dress is Wintersweet, Fireside Chats leggings, Snow on Mountains boots, winter gloves, and ear muffs.

Since I started working at Mostro Lounge part time, I saved up enough madols to buy winter clothes that will last throughout holiday break

Since I started working at Mostro Lounge part time, I saved up enough madols to buy winter clothes that will last throughout holiday break. I planned on visiting the town after school one day.

~~~Couple days ago~~~

During lunchtime, I sat down with Ace, Deuce, Trey, and Cater at our usual dining table. When I brought it up, Cater's ears perked up and his eyes sparkles in delight. "Allow me to tag along. I know a good store that sells winter clothes. They have a lot in store at a good deal," Cater smile. I blink my eyes. Although I visited the town along twice, I was reluctant at first because my spirits are always looking out for me. If he ever tag along, my savings will be mostly gone by the end of the day. "I'm not sure. My spirits always look out for me whenever I visit the town," I reply. The third year gather his hands together. "I haven't got a chance to take you out the last time. Allow me to go with you. Please...?!" He insists me with his innocent puppy eyes. Ace, Deuce, Trey, and Grim saw Cater's face. Ace chuckle and grin, elbowing my arm. "C'mon now, Athena. You can't resist Cater-senpai's temptation once he made those eyes," Ace tease me.

A sweat drop appear on my forehead. I swear out of any day, why does it had to be puppy eyes?! Just why?! Once I see those, there's no scapegoat. I sigh, shoulders drop. "Fine. I'll let you tag along." I allow him to come along. Cater made a small fist bump. "Thank you, Athena-chan. You're the best." He smile happily. The others silently giggle. They knew I can't deny those eyes. It's impossible to resist them. The school bell rang. Students in the cafeteria shuffled around. I look at the clock on the wall. Lunch break is over. "Time for class. I'll see you after school at the front gate." Cater gets up, pick his tray, and wave. We wave, doing the same thing.

~~~~~~

After school is over, I head straight to the school gate. I allow Grim to have the dorm to himself for now. By doing so, I instruct him not to do anything stupid around the dorm while I'm gone and doing his assignments. If he behaves well enough, I'll buy extra tuna cans at the student store. If he doesn't behave, his privilege and tuna cans will be taken away. He agree with my terms and condition. In the meantime, the ghosts promise to keep an eye on him until I return.

At the front gate, Cater was waiting for me. He saw me and wave. "Just in time. Let's get going." Cater smile happily. We exit the school ground and follow the stone path straight to town.

~~~Present day~~~

And that's how I ended up getting this pretty, yet cute set. Cater picked it out at the shop because he thinks it'll look cute. It was a fun little trip just the two of us; although, this isn't a date.