Thoughts & Realisations

Angel's POV
Sunnydale, California - June 2004

After the incident with Bobbi and Faith, particularly Bobbi's reaction to it and Faith's entire behaviour over the past year, I had noticed something about my middle child - she was good.

There was something different about her compared to the rest of us - she had like a light inside of her. I don't know if it was due to the fact she had seen what we were like and didn't like that, or her intellect allowed her to see something we didn't, or if she was the true angel of this family - my bright, blonde, shining daughter. And I wanted to preserve that. She didn't deserve to be tainted by the rest of us.

"Why are you crying?" Darla asked as she walked into our bedroom. "Hmm." I said confused, having not noticed that in my thoughts and realisations a few tears had fell from my eyes. "Faith's going to be fine - her strength, heartbeat, and brain waves get stronger everyday and I think when she wakes up this'll have been a wake up call for her and she'll calm down again." Darla said presuming that's why I was crying. "I wasn't crying over Faith, I was crying over Bobbi."
"Well, she'll be fine too. I know she feels bad about stabbing her sister but it showed that she has good instincts and all that training paid off, also Faith was about to throw her off the balcony!"
"We need to let her go." I said unable to look at Darla.
"Excuse me. I know you have a bit of a soft spot for our firstborn and you see yourself in Faith. But we are not giving away our daughter because she stabbed her sister!" She replied in shock and furious anger.
"No. That's not what I meant! I wound never do that!" I said, standing up angry and horrified that Darla would even think that of me "Haven't you noticed over the years - Bobbi is good. God, she's so good! She's the light in this family that reminds us we are a family, not monsters. I mean, look at how she changed Spike." Bobbi was Spike's favourite, we all knew that, I made my brother into a bad, evil person - I modelled him after myself - and there have only been 2 people I've seen make him care about things Drusilla, and Bobbi.
Darla was crying by this point too "So, you want to shun her because she's not a monster like us?"
"No." I shook my head fully crying now as well and held Darla's face in my hands "I want to give her a chance to live like she doesn't have monsters for parents. She'll be going to college next year, why don't we give her some space to discover what kind of person she truly is on her own?"

Darla had tears streaming down her face hating reality, hating me for talking about it, and hating the people that forced us to have to teach our children to fight their way through the world and probably hating herself for choosing this lifestyle in the first place - even though our family would be who it was today without everything that had happened to us.

"We have to give her, her best chance." I told Darla.