Old Home & New Friends

3rd Person POV
Los Angeles, California

Angelus, Darla and Connor returned to live in their underground apartment in downtown L.A. The apartment also had an office on the ground floor. Angel had picked it after they got Connor back, whilst Darla appreciated the security, she hated that there was no view.

Not long after they returned to L.A. Angel met up with an old friend of his from Ireland, Doyle. Now that they were living in a big city again, crawling with cops he advised Angel to set up a private detective agency to use as a cover for when they needed to research and eliminate their enemies, an idea which Wesley agreed with.

As promised they kept an eye on Cordelia and even took her under their wing; giving her a job and helping her find a better apartment.

Whilst investigating a threat to their family Angel ran into a young detective, Kate Lockley, who threatened to arrest him every single time they met, but they had also come to an understanding - Angel would only kill people who threatened his family and friends that he considered family - no one else, if he did then Kate would arrest him. Although their fragile acquaintanceship fell apart when Kate's father, a retired policeman, was caught in the crossfires of a mission Angel was conducting.

Angel also got back in touch with Lilah to let her know they were back in L.A. and she introduced him to one of her associates - a Texan, named Lindsey McDonald, who also became an ally of the family - helping Lilah with their legal (or illegal) matters.

Whilst out threatening a man in a rough part of L.A., Badlands, Angel came across a gang of young adults who were trying to protect and make their neighbourhood safer. The gang was led by a man in his early 20s named Charles Gunn.

He and Angel done favours for each other when needed before the Kelly patriarch fully brought Gunn in to his business.