Second Opinion

Bobbi's POV
S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ - April 2010

I walked down the hallway from Director Fury's office, whilst reading over the file. Being a spy had certain advantages like improved awareness of my surroundings and hand-eye coordination, so I knew I was not in any danger of bumping into anything or anyone.

As I neared the end of the corridor, I felt a presence jump down behind me but I wasn't threatened as I knew there was only one other person in S.H.I.E.L.D. who did that besides me.

"Hello Barton." I said shutting the file.
"What did Fury want?" He asked.
"He gave me a mission."
"Sweet! Where are we going and when?"
I opened my mouth to clarify what I meant, but someone beat me to it "No, you idiot. We're not going. Fury's just sending Bobbi."

Natasha was waiting around the corner for us "Widow's right." I informed Clint.
"What?! A solo mission. We haven't been given one of them in years. Does Coulson know?"
"Don't think so. Fury said it was very important that's why he gave it to me himself."
"What the hell is this mission?"
"Stealing intel from the SAS."
"Ooh! Sounds... hard, but you do like a challenge."
"Do you have a mark?" Natasha asked as we continued walking. "Yes, Squadron A Lieutenant Lance Hunter. Seems to be good at his job, file's mostly about him."
"Let me see." Natasha said reaching for it. "I don't think anyone else is supposed to read this." I futilely tried to stop them. "Well, if we were normal S.H.I.E.L.D. agents - no. But it's us, and Fury knows us and that we'd read it anyway. He's probably watching on the cameras." Clint said, before turning to the camera in the corner behind us "Hi Nicky!"

Nat and I rolled our eyes at Clint's antics before she returned to looking at the file "Mmm, you were right, he's very highly decorated... oh and there's a picture!"
"Hmm. I didn't get to that page yet, let me see."
"Wait, wait, wait!" Clint exclaimed stretching across my body "As your ex-boyfriend, bird partner and good friend, I think I should check out who you're going to sleep with first!" And with that he grabbed the file from Nat.

"Barton!"
"Hey!" We both exclaimed.

"Hmm... ooh... huh"
I had had enough by that point and was also quite curious myself "What?"
"Well he's not blonde, but I think you'll like him." Barton said passing the file back.

" Barton said passing the file back

Clint was right. He was very handsome - I would definitely like him. A tiny smirk threatened to pull at the corner of my mouth, which unfortunately my 2 super-spy partners picked up on. "Uh oh. Maybe you'll like him too much." Barton said. "Shut up! Come on, admit it. It's much better when the marks look nice." I defended.
"That's true."
"Fair enough." Natasha and Clint agreed.

As we reached our own communal area/studio apartment (every S.T.R.I.K.E. Team had one) Barton and Romanoff headed in, but I didn't "Yo Mock!" Barton shouted back gesturing to the door. "I'm heading to records - do some digging of my own." I explained. "Oh right, well I suppose we'll just sit and wait to be given special missions of our own." He pouted before walking into the room but Natasha lingered around "Hey Bobbi, remember Rule #10." she said before entering the room.

'I would never get personally involved on a case.' I thought as I continued walking. Sure Lieutenant Hunter was good looking but he was just another mark- nothing special about that.