Revealed

Hunter's POV
The Next Day

Our Lieutenant Colonel was recapping what had happened in the Defence Conference meeting; after the incident our Major volunteered us to help patrol the venue and watch for threats since the CIA, Homeland Security and S.H.I.E.L.D. were busy dealing with the aftermath.

And we were actually getting to find out what happened now as yesterday it was all a bit hush hush. Lt. Colonel Lewis was explaining things as the CCTV video played:

"Two American operatives foiled the attack: one from the CIA and one from S.H.I.E.L.D." He said respectively pointing at the man and woman - who I quickly recognised as Bobbi.
"No, she's the one from the CIA" I corrected.
"No, I don't think so, Hunter. I was in the meeting after all." Lewis argued.
"Trust me, I know she's CIA."
"And how do you know that?" Major Clarke enquired.
"Ohh, I think the Lieutenant's been out sampling the local cuisine." My subordinate, Corporal Jackson smirked.
"Shut up." I said rolling my eyes.
"Hey! Gentlemen, if you don't mind. Corporal, don't be jealous you didn't spend you're downtime well. You all get to go out and have fun tonight." Lt. Colonel Lewis cut us off.
"Who's definition of 'fun' ours or yours?" I asked.
"Mine." He replied causing us all to groan. "The brass were supposed to give S.H.I.E.L.D. some intel but then backed out, so to make it up to them we have to help them out with a mission." He went on to explain.
"We've been cleared to operate on friendly soil?" Captain Wood asked in shock.
"Yes, just this once." The Major replied.

3rd Person POV
Meanwhile

S.H.I.E.L.D. were going after a group of serial killers called The Gentlemen, which is what Bobbi and the rest of her team were working on before the Defence Conference took precedence. Fury was giving them their final mission debrief before they took them out for good. However, Bobbi had dozed off towards the end of it and was dreaming about a certain Englishman before her subconscious reminded her of the upcoming problem.

(A/n: Buffy = Bobbi, Riley = Hunter)

"Man, that was an exciting meeting, huh?" Natasha commented beside her as Fury call the meeting to an end.
"Oh yeah. Wow." Bobbi agreed pretending she knew what had happened.
"Uh, and the last 20 minutes was a revelation. Just paved out everything we need to know for the mission. I'd hate to have missed that."
"Just tell me I didn't snore?" Bobbi begged her redheaded friend.
"Very discreet. Minimal drool." Natasha informed her as they stood up.
"Oh yay."
"So were you dreaming?"
"Yeah, it was kind of intense."
"Intense?" Clint interrupted having waited for them at the door "Really? Cause you seemed so peaceful."
"Of course it was only for a moment."
"Right. Hey you guys headed over to CyTech?"
"No, I'll be going to sleep properly after that." Bobbi replied.
"Great, I'll walk you. Can't have you falling asleep in the hallway. Nat?"
"Nope. I'm going to see Maria."
"Ok, bye." The birds said in unison as she left.

"So tell me about your dream." Barton pressed "After listening to Reid prattle on for years, I'm qualified to go 'hmm'."
"I don't really remember it." Bobbi dismissed him as they walked back to her hotel room

Later That Night

S.H.I.E.L.D. had passed along their intel to the SAS and Squadron A were getting ready to go out and operate as they loaded up their guns. Hunter, specifically, had already prepared his favourite short-range rifle and was strapping a handgun to his right thigh before his 2nd Lieutenant passed him his bullet proof vest and body-warmer.