chapter: nineteen

ring

Hermione ranted about how much she hates Divination and how annoying Professor Trelawney is as we made our way to Trelawney's classroom on a Thursday afternoon.

She was not wrong, though. Divination was like the worst class we had. Professor Trelawney has the stupid habit to predict bad events to happen. She predicted like 10 times that Harry is going to die. Harry has got enough of this and changed the class, so did Ron. Every time Hermione and I were walking to the Divination classroom, I asked myself why we didn't do the same.

Hermione and I sat down around our round table. The crystal balls were already placed on each table. I prepared myself for the most boring lesson ever.

Only ten minutes left of the lesson and I couldn't wait to leave this classroom. Before leaving, Trelawney wanted some of us to tell what they saw in their crystal ball.

That woman just let us stare into a fucking crystal ball for an hour straight.

Lavender Brown, who is always very motivated and productive during Divination, was eager to tell us about her ball. She said that she saw a guy with red hair and freckles kneeling in front of her, reaching something out like he is proposing to her. Trelawney was more than impressed and told her over and over again that she is very talented. I think that she is still not over Ron and just tries to force her future with him by making up some bullshit in class, hoping that it might become true.

Grey fog. That was what I saw. Nothing has been revealed for me. For Hermione neither.

Professor Trelawney was about to dismiss the class as her gaze roamed around the room and suddenly stopped at Hermione and me. "Be careful, my dears," she said in an over-dramatic voice. Hermione and I just looked at each other, we struggled hard to hold in our laughter.

"Great disaster will fall on you. On all of us. But it will affect some of you the most." I rolled my eyes. Damn, something completely new.

༄༄

"Wow, she found a new way to predict the death for one of us. I'm truly impressed." snickered Harry after we told him what happened in Divination.

"I don't understand why you don't just change the class like Harry and I did." wondered Ron. "We can't. Not anymore. We have to take this class for this year and the last. We should have changed before the sixth year started." complained Hermione.

"You guys should stop joking around about her predictions." Parvati Pati interrupted our conversation, Lavender Brown on her left. "She knows what she's doing. She is good in her job and so talented and fascinating." Lavender added.

"Oh, please. Trelawney predicted Harry's death like 10 times and," I looked over to Harry. "he looks very alive to me."

"I'm alive but I'm dead." grimaced Harry, making the four of us giggle. Lavender and Parvati left offended.

༄ ༄

On Friday morning, I woke up and forgot about what Trelawney said in Divination already. Just as always.

The only thing that was on my mind was that my friends and me plus Draco are going to have butterbeer in Hogsmeade together this afternoon.

Nothing was going to change my mood today. Nothing.

"3 pm at the Three Broomsticks, all right?" I asked before taking a sip of my coffee. "Yes, Scarlett. 3 pm at the Three Broomsticks like we have discussed it every day for the past week." said Hermione. "I'm sorry, I'm just so excited. This means a lot to me."