chapter: one

home

31st August 1996

There I was. Standing in front of the Burrow like I did for the past five years on the 31st of August.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the old door. By standing in front of the high house, I felt home. I mean, I just came from home, from my dads residence.

But here, I was truly at home.

I walked to the door and didn't even knock by now when someone swung the door open. Hermione. "Finally" she pulled me in for a warm and lovely hug. Man, I've missed her a lot. "Good to see you, Scar" "You too, Mione"

"See who finally joined the Party" Ron and Harry welcomed me with a tight hug. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I have been the bestest friends ever since I got sorted in Gryffindor. And with the three of them, you would never get bored.

"Scarlett, my dear, you're finally here. Sit down already, food will be served soon." Molly Weasley called from the kitchen, looking around the corner with her kitchen apron on. "Hello, Mrs Weasley, thank you very much but I'm not very hungry at th-"

I got cut off by Fred and George who linked their arms with mine, leading me to the wooden table. Fred on my left and George on my right. "You can't escape moms cakes, Scar" Fred said, making me looking to my left. "You should know that by now." I turned my head to the right as George continued for Fred.

The twins let go of me when we reached the table. I sat down with the twins sitting besides me. I loved the twins so much. They're literally the funniest humans alive and they never fail to put a smile on my face.

On the other side of the table, across from me, sat Hermione, Harry and Ron. The vibe was just amazing. Everyone was laughing, everyone was in a good mood. It made me so happy. At last, Ginny came downstairs and sat down at the top of the table. "Hey Scar, took you long this time" she said. "Yeah, I wasn't able to make it earlier this time."

"But you're here now, sweetheart and the cake is also ready." the lovely voice from Molly sounded right behind me. She put the cake down on the table and sat down at the other top.

These are the moments I love. These are the moments I'll look back to in my old days. These are the moments that make me feel alive.

༄༄༄

Later that day, Harry, Ron, Hermione and I sat on the floor in Rons room, talking about our holidays. "So, how was it at home? Was it bearable?" Hermione asked me caring. Rons and Harrys heads flicked over to me. "Well, it was.. like always. Most of the time he didn't even recognized me, he was too fucking loaded, as always. I tried my best to avoid any interactions with him, but when he wasn't completely wasted, he just shouted at me, blaming me for things. The usual stuff. " my voice got a bit lower.

My dad hated me for being in Gryffindor. He wanted me to be a Slytherin, he expected me to be. Just like everyone else. When they first heard about me being the Gryffindor, they were so disappointed in me. But it wasn't just disappointment for my dad, he started hating me. My mother was diasppointed as well at first but she was okay with it after a while, just like me. But after my mother died when I was 15, everything just got worse. My father became an alcoholic and he also became very abusive. He also blamed me for my mothers death. He says that I made her sick, that I put her under so much pressure by becoming a Gryffindor that she just became sick. It is pathetic. I hated the breaks. I hated it when I had to leave Hogwarts. I hated it when I had to go home, to him. It was a nightmare. Thats why I'm even more pleased to come here at least one day before we'd go back to Hogwarts.

"I told you already, you can stay here for the breaks." Ron offered. "Thats really sweet, Ron, seriously. But it is to much to ask for. I don't want to be a burden." I responded. I was just scared that I would get on their nerves if I'd be around all the time. "Are you joking? My mom loves you. She would love to spend time with you and so would Ginny, Fred, George and my little one."

"Thanks, Ron. I'll think about it for the next time." I'm not. I know I wouldn't stay here for a whole fucking break, even if I enjoyed the one night I spend here more than the month I spent at my dads.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts on the first chapter? Please vote and comment y'all!!