chapter: thrirty-five

hi, sorry for the long wait. as you can see, i finally managed to update. the chapter is short, but i thought it was better than nothing. i also don't really like that chapter, but it is important for the plot plus i didn't edit it so i'm sorry for any spelling mistakes and stuff in advance. love you all and happy reading.

help

Head pounding, I easily slid the door to the headmaster's office open. The smell of citrus, a wave of rather unpleasant warmth, and three large figures of authorities welcomed me.

Lately, I had been struggling with headaches. The stress, I considered. School had been really fucking rough lately. Fred and George didn't lie when they told us the seventh year would be living hell.

The constant concern about Draco wasn't helpful either. The inexhaustible thoughts about him — about what he was doing, if he ate, what was bothering him — tremendously niggled at my head and mind.

Because, of course, he hadn't told me anything.

Actually, we hadn't even been speaking since my last visit at his dorm, which was already two weeks away.

"Wonderful evening, Miss Griffin," Dumbledore welcomed me brightly in his office, extending his arm to the chair in front of his desk as his lips wore a smile and his eyes stared at me over his half-moon shaped spectacles. "Please, take a seat."

Strolling toward the chair with slow strides, my gaze drifted to McGonagall who stood beside Dumbledore's desk, her hands folded in front of her body, her face, as always, wearing a tender smile.

Dumbledore nodded his head as Professor Lupin mumbled something to him, his hand shielding the motions of his mouth.

Placing a hand on Lupins shoulder, Dumbledore nodded again and responded, "Thank you, Remus."

Before heading out of the office, Lupin cast a nervous smile at me. He hustled past me and my eyes followed him until the door fell shut and Lupin was gone.

"Please, Miss Griffin, sit down," Dumbledore said. Just then, I noticed that I hadn't taken a seat yet. McGonagall still stood beside the desk while Dumbledore took a seat in his own chair.

Sitting down in the chair in front of the desk, I began to softly rap my fingers against my leg.

Why am I nervous?

Since I first been sent for Dumbledore's office that year, it happened on a weekly basis.

It was almost aggravating. We just talked. And not about the important stuff. He had always asked about trivial things.

"How is it going, Miss Griffin?" His wrinkled hands brushed over his long beard as he narrowed his eyes to study my visage.

Always the same.

How is it going?

School's been exhausting. It was really hard to keep track lately.

I hadn't heard anything from the others yet and it had already been four weeks since our ways parted.

I hadn't been speaking to Draco since I visted him in his dorm.