Chapter 12

You look around, stunned and admire all the baby decorations. You weren't expecting this at all.

You were very excited to see your friends again. So much has happened since you saw most of them last. Sadie and Ashton we're now engaged, Calum and Rachel were still only dating, but they got a dog together, Michael and Crystal got eloped. You missed them like crazy and were very happy for them all. Secretly, you thought Crystal was pregnant but she never said anything and you don't want to ask her. She's just glowing a lot more than usual. Plus you hoped she was so your son would have someone to play with. It's not like Brittany was going to have kids anytime soon. She wasn't ready for them, but even if she was, it takes forever to adopt or find a sperm donor, and even then, it might not work.

You walked around hugging and thanking everyone. It was truly nice to see them all again.

"We hope you like it." They smile. "We had Luke distract you so we could come over and decorate for you."

"Oh, so it wasn't his idea to take me away for the weekend?" You ask.

"No, we asked him to distract you for this morning, it was his idea to go away." They say.

You sigh in relief, you had a lot of fun this weekend and didn't want it to all be a lie. You loved that Luke did this for you. You don't know if you could forgive Luke if he didn't do this for you.

"So let's play a game." Sabrina says.

You nod and walk over to one of the tables with the rest of the girls. The boys went into the backyard to drink and hang out. You didn't mind though, you enjoyed time with your girls.

"Okay, so we can play don't drop the egg. It's pretty self explanatory, we're going to decorate an egg to look like a baby, using paints, food coloring, or other decorations. Then we have a race in which we carry the egg "baby" on a spoon. The spoon can be held by hand or between the teeth, and the race can be a standard point-to-point race or a relay race. Also don't worry. The eggs are hardboiled already and I have spoons ready. I do suggest going outside for it though, it could get messy." Brittany explains.

Everyone nods and starts to decorate their eggs. You guys have a lot of fun doing this before you finish and go outside.

"On your mark.... get set.... go!" Brittany yells, and you all race, trying not to drop the egg.

Lets just say, you all sucked at this game. Well except Sadie. She won.

Next you move onto decorating baby onesies. You always loved doing this at baby showers. You always wanted to do this at your own. Maybe when he outgrow them, you could hang them on his wall. That would be a cute idea.

Once you finish with that, you put them all to the side so they can dry and not be ruined.

"We only have one more game left, then we can just sit and gossip if you want." Rachel says.

"Okay, sounds fun." You smile. It was only 5:30 pm and you didn't want them to leave yet. You were having a lot of fun and you didn't know when you were going to see them again. This was a nice little reunion. You were so thankful that they threw you a baby shower. You honestly didn't plan on having one. You and Luke shared a bank account so you could basically afford whatever you needed for the baby.

"Okay so the last game is called hang the diaper." Sadie explains. "Split yourselves into two competing teams, we'll set a timer, and you will hang up as many diapers as possible. The team with the most diapers on the line wins." She smiles.

Brittany, you and Sabrina become a team and Sadie, Rachel and Crystal become a team. They quickly hang up the clothing line and get the clothes pins out and take the diapers out of the bags and put a bunch in the middle.

They start the timer and you all hang as many as you can. Your team hangs up 28 and the other team hangs up 29. You sigh. You're very competitive and hate losing. Especially at your own party. You were going to be a loser of a mom.

"I hope nobody minds but I ordered some pizza for everyone." Luke says, walking into the house. "The boys are starving."

"That's not a problem." You all smiled.

He nods and smiles. "You guys having fun?"

They nod, "oh by the way, there's snacks in the kitchen that we bought for the party but we've been to distracted to eat them. You and the boys can have some." Brittany says.

"Thank you." He smiles as him and the boys walk to the kitchen. They start to snack as you guys clean up the game then sit on the couches.

"Anyone have any tea?" Crystal asks.

"No.. but I think you do." Sadie says.

She bites her lip. "I might but I don't want to bring it up now."

"Why not?" They ask.

"I don't want to ruin the party." She says.

"You won't." They inform her.

"Okay.. well I'm pregnant." She smiles.

You all squeal and hug her. "Congratulations!"

She laughs and smiles. "Thank you."

"This is so cool! Our babies can grow up together and be friends." You smile.

"True. That's why Michael is excited. Him and Luke now have something in common." She jokes.

You laugh and smile. "What do you want, a boy or a girl?"

She thinks. "A girl. I want to teach her all about fashion and stuff like that."

You nod and smile. "I can see that."

The pizza comes soon and you all eat and joke around.

You loved days like this and never wanted them to end.