Chapter 15: Confusion

Midas's Pov

I watched as Maya walked in ,"When is it ready?" I asked. She sadly looked at me and said ,"Tomorrow sir." I chuckled and said, "Perfect~ Just when I needed it!" Maya looked at the floor and walked away, defeated. She's tried to stop me many times, but has failed to succeed. I have made a device that will do everybody a favor, to make the island better! Maya says that it might go wrong and flood the whole place. I told her that this is full proof and nothing can go wrong. She sighed and looked away from me as if I was some sort of failure.

                                                                         (Bro, my parents daily.^) 

I sat on the couch and so did the other agents. We they started to talk about random things and ideas they had from missions, I wasn't listening though. I felt a weird scratching in my gut. It was like something was trying to get out, I guess? It hurt like hell. I felt paralyzed to even move or talk. Somebody must have asked me a question because they were all staring at me with confused eyes. I felt like I wasn't breathing. I doubled over and cried out. I never this kind of pain before! I teared up and tried to leave the room but Meowscles was freaking out. "Midas, What's wrong?" He asked trying to support me. 

I tried to push him away but that was close to impossible. I closed my eyes tightly as tear's rolled down. I cried out, "Destroy it! Maya! Go destroy the device!" I covered my mouth and watched as she got up, I shook my head at her, "No! Don't dammit!" I started to wither to the floor. It felt everything leave me. I think I'm dying. Meowscles was so confused beyond any point. Brutus said, "Is he possessed?" I smiled when he said that, but it was against my will. I screamed out to destroy that device again. She nodded and ran to the next room. I stood, body quaking. I tried to chase her but something held me back. Meowscles.

I growled at him and tried to hit him. It was like I was watching me worse nightmare coming to life. I wasn't in control anymore, it was like a movie playing before my eyes. I watched as I swung at him and hit him across the face, he let go. I ran to the next room and tackled Maya to the floor. She grunted and tried to kick me off. I grabbed her throat and she started to choke. I heard footsteps but that didn't stop me. I kept going until she passed out. I saw Meowscles grab the device. I jumped up and raced at him. He pushed me back, almost tripping. I lunged at him again and he shoved me back and this time, I tripped. 

I fell over and felt something meet my head. I laid there for a second, warmth suddenly surrounding my head. I touched the back of my head , hand was red. I growled at stood up. Meowscles covered his mouth and looked away from me. He threw the device to the floor and stomped on it. I screamed but I felt my scream get cut off and my vision went black.

Mysterious POV

I stood there holding a bat, gasping for air, I can't believe I hit Midas. I didn't mean to, but...I had to. Meowscles stared at me and nodded. I nodded back and tried to get my heart to beat normal. I looked at Midas on the floor. He was losing blood and passed out. Meowscles picked him up and sighed sadly. He carried Midas to his room and locked his door. Maya came around the corner with Brutus's help. Monika was confused on what happened, she was outside practicing with knifes. I started to think on why Midas was acting like that. "Mood swing maybe?" Skye questioned, that was very unlikely but, it could be possible. Maya was thinking too, hard. She said, "Well, he did tell me that he's been having stomach issues lately...Maybe that's why??" I hook my head, It just doesn't seem right.

I was also considering what Brutus said, maybe he was possessed. I highly doubt that too. I could only say that it was a mood swing but that would be the most dangerous mood swing I've seen. Monika was starting to think too. "Maybe he knows, He just no telling us." She said. I nodded and started to consider it too. Skye laughed at something. I looked t her and said, "What?" Skye giggled at said, "Nothing I just pictured Midas p-pregnant!" She burst out laughing. Other agents started to laugh too but I didn't.."Well," I said, now considering that too. Skye said, "You can't be serious!" I nodded and said, "It could be possible.." Monika jumped in, "I mean, There's a human-fish guy, I guess anything's possible.." Peely choked and said, "His name is Fishy." Monkia shrugged, caring less. 

Brutus winked at Peely and Peely blushed a small bit. All the sudden it said on my phone, "Your Being Hunted." I almost shit my pants. I hate when this happens. It's such a pain in the ass to deal with. I sighed and grabbed my pistols, just in case the crazy mother f****** comes and tries to get me.

Victoria Saint POV

I decided to get a bounty, bored ya know. I saw that the girl's name was 'Mysterious'. I sighed and realized that she's at the Agency. She'll probably die before I get to her. I started my trek across the map. I mean, I guess it's not really that far of a walk, I'm at Lazy. I grabbed a random car and hit the gas. I made it half way, that's when the car ran out of gas. I walked into a bar nearby, I wasn't about to walk up into the Agency not being prepared. I took a few shots and listened to people talk. They were just spreading rumors about Midas, The Boss of the Agency. I sighed but tried to listen for anything for useful.

"Yeah, did ya hear that Midas and Meowsirs got together?" I leaned in on this one. They continued to talk about it and mentioned someone that caught my interest, "Ya, and did ya hear they got two new chicks that work there?" Some of the guys nodded, some started to drool. I got up and walked to that table, "What chicks are you talking about?" I questioned, the guys looked me up and down, one chuckled. "Who's asking?" I stared at them, "Are you mentally challenged? I asked, "who are they and when did they show up at the Agency?" I asked. They shooed me off. I grabbed one by the collar of their shirt and held them up, licking my K-9's, "Tell me~." I growled.

Everybody put their hands up and told me everything I needed to know. I thanked them and left quickly, I needed to see this Mysterious person, fast. They sound interesting. I arrived at the Agency, camping in a bush. I watched as a person that was very gorgeous. she leaned against the tree and then sat down, reading a book about Witch Craft. I giggled softly, she matched my bounty, this was my target. I could easily attack her form right her and get gold but...I couldn't do it for some reason...My heart fluttered wildly and my chest ached when I thought about killing her.

I sighed and snuck off. I need to think this through. I can't just kill her...No, I will not let history repeat it self. I fell for one person and I will never fall again after the...accident

Midas POV

I woke up startled. I quickly jumped out of bed but somebody grabbed me and put me back down. I made a small 'oof' noise. I looked over to see Meowscles pinning me down. "Morning love." He purred, I said nothing. I remembered everything that happened, I felt like a monster. I looked away from Meowscles whispering an apology. He shook his head and kissed my cheek, "No harm done." I glared at him and he shrugged, realizing that was the wrong thing to say at the moment. I got up and ruffled my hair slightly. I gasped in pain and teared up. I felt something hard, small, but hard. I pinched it and pulled.

A nail was stuck in the back on my head. I wanted to faint but I held on. I looked at Meowscles, he was gagging. It slightly laughed and started to feel the blood running down. I went to the bathroom to get bandages. I wrapped my head slowly, making sure that I don't wrap my eyes. I saw in the corner of my eye and saw Meowscles leaning in the bathroom doorway. I sighed and turned to him. He hugged me one more time and left. I left to and went to see how everyone was doing. I went to see Maya first. 

She was scared to approach me at first but soon got over it and acted like nothing happened. She started up a conversation that got everyone's attention. Soon, they started to be normal and talked about new guns and new people walking around the island. I felt that scratching again. I covered my mouth, it felt like I wanted to puke. I quickly left the room and went straight to the bathroom. I threw up for a good 30 minutes. My stomach kept tightening and relaxing. It felt like something was moving....

Then it dawned on me.