Chapter 23: Help In The Medical Bay

3rd Person

After Maya and Tina moved their self's away from the lounge, Skye came down. She skipped down the steps and into her room. It was completely trashed. She frowned, forgetting her mess. She started to clean her room, knowing Midas would brutally kill her if she didn't. She finished in little to no time cause most of it was candy wrappers and cases's for video game CD's. She slid them back in their spot and sighed in satisfaction. She put her hands on her hips, wondering if she should go bother people. Midas and Meowscles was out of the question, they where cuddling their child at the moment. Skye tapped her chin then remembered a little friend at the Med-Bay that wouldn't mind a little visit.

Skye skipped to Med-Bay and walked through the door. Remedy wasn't busy, which was a good thing in many ways. Remedy looked up and looked at her. Skye waved and sat next to her. Remedy quickly shut the journal she was writing in. Skye made a mental note, 'Steal journal'. Remedy stood and smiled. Skye knows more about Remedy then half of the Agency. 

Here's some interesting facts:

*Remedy Has Memorized The Whole Periodic Table

*Remedy Can't Talk, She Lost The Ability To At Age 13.

*She Loves Reading, It's All She Does (she loves skye but we don't talk about that-)

*She's a Postgraduate 

*Her And Midas Are Practically Family

*She Use To Be A Dancer (N o t   a   s t r i p p e r)

.......

That's all that Skye could piece together. Remedy signed, 'How are you?' Skye smiled, "Pretty good...Guess what?" Remedy looked at her expectantly. Skye smirked and said, "Tina and Maya-" She made an 'Okay' sign and put a finger through it. Remedy grinned which equals laughing. Skye cackled. Skye never really tried to explore why Remedy lost the ability to talk, but it's something that ponders her mind quiet often. Remedy noticed the tension and signed, 'Is everything alright?'  Skye shook her head and looked her in the eyes. "What happened?" 

...

It was like Remedy knew right away what Skye was talking about. She thought about signing it but decided to write it down. 

'When I was 13, There was an...accident. I lost my voice due a softball game. Our team lost and they took it out on me...I did missed the ball causing us to lose. They....Let's just say that metal bats don't feel good......'

Skye read slowly like she couldn't believe what she was reading, "So, They beat you? With metal bats....?" Remedy nodded and grabbed the paper, crumbling it up and throwing it away. Skye understood why. Skye felt horrible, she probably dug memories that Remedy probably wasn't fond of. Skye looked at the floor and frowned, she didn't like the thought of Remedy being sad. Skye got up and hugged Remedy. Remedy didn't hug her back instantly but once she calmed, she wrapped her arms around Skye, almost protectively. Skye hummed in the warmth and gave Remedy a squeeze. Remedy rested her chin on Skye's head and closed her eyes. 

They stood there for hours it seemed. Skye loved every minute of it. 

The moment ended.

The door clicked open and Midas stepped in. Skye let go of Remedy and Remedy quickly turned to see who it was. Midas smiled faintly and waved, "Sorry, Did I interrupt something?" Remedy shook her head and signed, 'Why are you here sir?'  Midas knows sign language like the back of his hand (no pun intended). He signs for fun, 'Just checking on you guys...Since I haven't in awhile...' Remedy smiles and signs, 'I'm just fine, thank you....'  Midas nodded and looked to Skye. Skye nodded, "I'm great Boss Man." Midas nodded and made a face, like he remembered something. It was super important cause he didn't sign his next sentence. 

"Remedy..Maya wanted to see you at 6:30 today." Remedy cocked an eyebrow, 'Why at 6:30?' Midas shrugged, "I tapped her and she seemed out of breath-" Midas stopped there. Skye tried not to bust out laughing. Midas looked at Skye, "What-?" Skye replied, rolling her eyes, "What did Maya say?" Midas cocked a brow this time, "She said she was busy and don't come to Tina's room....They might be..Hmm..Working out-..." 

Midas went red.

"Oh, Jesus ChrisT-"

Skye bent over, laughing her ass off. Remedy had a closed eye smile, covering her mouth. Midas pinched the brim of his nose. Skye giggled and wiped a tear away and said, "At least their quiet!" Midas snapped his head up and went a darker shade of red. Remedy's eyes widen and had to hold on to something. Midas glared at Skye, nothing to say. Skye wheezed, holding her knees. Midas waved his hand threatened to get Meowscles, which made Skye laughed harder. 

A few seconds later, Guess who~

Meowscles came into Med-Bay with Kit walking beside him. Midas crossed his arms and pointed to the dying Skye. Meowscles raised an eyebrow and looked at Remedy, who was propped against the wall, smiling like a dork. Midas sighed and ordered Skye to tell Meowscles what she said. She told him. Meowscles mouth quivered, trying to hold back a snicker. Midas glared at Meowscles, "Don't. You. Dare." Meowscles giggled and thought about something. "Well....Skye, Imagine getting a 6 inch shoved in you repeatedly...It would hurt..Wouldn't it?" Midas glowed red and quickly left the room. Skye grinned, "I guess but-" She was trying to find something to counter that statement. 

Meowscles crossed his arms and waited. Kit calmly licked his paws. Remedy pointed to Kit and made a face that suggested she didn't know about Kit yet.  Meowscles purred and scooped up Kit, "This is Kit." He handed Kit to Remedy and she gingerly took him, smiling kindly. Kit mewed and nuzzled Remedy, get familiar with her scent and her face. Remedy patted his head and scratched behind his ears. Kit purred and nestled against Remedy's chest. Skye's heart twinged. 

Why'd it bother her? 

It was a small cat?

Cuddling Remedy...

Skye slightly tapped her foot and looked away. Meowscles looked at her and looked back to Remedy, connecting dots. "Ohhhhhhhh~" Meowscles purred and leaned to Skye's level. Remedy wasn't paying much attention. "Crushin' much, Skye?" Meowscles whispered. His breath smelt like mint and Axe Cologne. Skye rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Nope, Crushing on the Medical Girl is Not What I'm Doing." Meowscles rolled his eyes and stood straight, "Right..." 

Remedy sat Kit down and he rubbed against her leg, then he walked back to Meowscles and sat in between his feet. 

"Let's go Kit...We wouldn't want Yandere Skye to attack~."