Chapter 2: Night Terrors

Brutus POV

I was sitting on the couch and watched Meowscles retreat to his room. After that, mostly everyone went to their rooms, except me. I was watching the ID channel. (Brutus is me on so many levels, lmao.) It was getting to the good part, ya know, when they find out the murderer, I heard crying. I shrugged it off, a lot of people cry....But that's when it escalated to screaming. I quickly got up and ran up stairs. I heard it coming from Bosses room so I ran to his door. I opened it and he was shaking and crying in his sleep.

I wasn't about to get in bed and lay down next to him, try to be comforting. I slowly back out of the room and turned and saw Meowscles looming over me. I looked at him and questioned, "Why are you here?" Meowscles quietly laughed and said, "I could ask you the same thing!" I put my finger over my lips to signal to be quiet. Meowscles covered his ears as another scream rang out across the hall. Meowscles looked at me and mouthed, 'Who is that?' I pointed to Midas's door.

Meowscles approached the door and pushed it open. He teared up and walked over to Midas's bed, I felt my eyes widen. I mean, Midas probably won't be mad, he loves his kitty. Meowscles stopped at the edge and reached out to Midas's tear soaked face. I watched with awe as Midas nuzzled his massive hand. (I needed to add the massive hand part...I had to.) I clasped my hands together and took a picture. I shut the door and let them be. 

I walked back down stairs and saw it was about to say who the murderer was. I sat down quickly and it said, "The Murderer? Well, it was no other except..Ethan Ford.." I jumped up, "I KNEW IT WAS THE BROTHER!" I covered my mouth, but still had an celebration. I realized that that the brother murdered his own family....That's messed up.

Midas's POV

I tossed and turned, nightmares messing with me. I knew I was screaming, but for some reason I couldn't open my eyes. I was about to break one of my fingers to get me to open my eyes when I felt something warm on my cheek, I nuzzled it, it gave me hope. I heard a small sniff and my eyes fluttered open, meeting big black orbs staring back at me. I put my hand on Meowscles hand and pushed his hand on my cheek, holding it there. 

I could feel and hear Meowscles purr. I smiled and nuzzled his hand more, "Thank you, Meow-" I was cut off by soft lips meeting mine. I was surprised but..I liked it. Meowscles continued to kiss me and I kissed back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, he purred into the kiss. I broke it and blushed madly. Meowscles smiled and kissed my forehead and got up. I whined, "Where are you going?" He looked at me and said, "I was leaving, but if you want me to stay, I will." I nodded and patted the spot next to me and smiled.

Meowscles walked over a laid down next to me. I sighed and pinch the brim of my nose. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I looked at him, "What?" Meowscles looked at me and said, "Do you have night terrors?" I nodded, is it that big of a deal? Meowscles sighed and looked to the ceiling, "Why didn't you tell me?" I didn't answer that one, cause I really don't know why I didn't tell him. I feel like I betrayed him all the sudden.

Meowscles POV

I looked at him in the dark. His face was a mix of pain and hurt. I rolled over on my side and slipped my arms around his waist, pulling him close. He slightly sighed and said, "I don't know what I'll do without Meowscles..." I kissed his fore head again and said, "And hopefully, you'll never find out..."

**Morning, 8:30**

Brutus POV

I was making some eggs and Skye was watching SpongeBob on TV. TnTina was having a fit because one of her bombs wasn't going right. Meowscles came skipping down the stairs. I sighed and watched as he skipped into the kitchen. "Someones in a good mood!" Skye called from the lounge. I looked at Meowscles and he grinned. I smiled and asked, "So...What happened?" Meowscles blushed, "Nothing..I just slept with him, to help him sleep better!" 

Skye came up behind him, "Sureeeee." Meowscles whipped his head around to look at her, "What?" Skye giggled and said, "I bet you guys are like secretly in love with each other and you just can't admit it cause you think your Barney Badass and Midas has wet dreams about you~." Meowscles face was red. 

Midas came down stairs and stopped at the last one, he must of heard of what Skye said. He blushed and almost ran back up the stairs. Meowscles growled at her and sighed, "Quit making the Boss get embarrassed!" I looked at him, a little over protective, I see how it is...

I looked at Skye and nodded, she walked off to the meeting room. I told Meowscles to go get something at the gas station, then went to the meeting room myself. TnTina, Skye, Maya and Peely were waiting for me. I shut the door and sat down. "Operation Golden is in full affect." Maya gasped, "Since when?" "Since last night, Meowscles has taken a step forward and slept with Midas.." Maya looked confused and shocked. Peely bumped in and said, "They had sex?" Skye blushed and replied, "Nonono! Midas was having troubles sleeping so Meowscles slept with him!"

Peely nodded. Operation Golden, if your wondering what the actual hell were talking about, Is our mission to get Meowscles and Midas together. But their moving so fast, we can't keep up! I sighed and said, "And! Meowscles is getting super over protective of him too! Something must have happened last night between them that their hiding..." "SEX!" Peely shouted, "No! Shut up Peely!" TnTina said, now we all started to think. 'What happened last night?' I questioned myself. Skye's eyes widen and said, "What if they kissed??" I looked up, "I mean...That could be a reason..." Meowscles walked in with a packet of Sour Trollie gummy worms. 

I thanked him and grabbed the packet. Skye looked confused and realized. I nodded and we all were staring at Meowscles. He was getting uncomfortable and asked, "Why are you guys staring at me for?" I shrugged and said, "Nothing...So how was the kiss?" Meowscles shrugged and said, "He tasted great...WAIT! WHAT?!" I laughed and so did everyone else. You see, if Meowscles is self-conscious, you can ask him anything and he'll give you answer, not realizing it until it's to late. He covered his face with his hands and sighed.

"If you bother Midas about it, I'll snap your necks like twigs...." He growled at that last part. We nodded, When Meowscles means something, he'll do it. So we know better, well, if we like our necks in one piece. Meowscles walked out and before he left, he pointed to his eyes and then pointed to us. I swallowed. He left and shut the door quietly. I thought he was going to slam it so I had my face scrunched up. 

Midas POV

I was upstairs, pacing in my room. I needed something...It's hard to explain. Like, I want something that'll make my heart rush...Make me blush....Ughhh, I know exactly what I want..I want Meowscles...What is wrong with me? I've been wanting Mewoscles ever since we kissed...Like I want want  Meowscles, if you catch my drift. There was a soft knock on my door and said, "Come in." Meowscles stepped in and shut the door. He had this...Lust look on his face. He looked up at me and smiled,

"Bed~...Now~" He purred.