Chapter 16: What On Oro's Green Island Is This?

Midas POV

In the heat of the moment, I screamed. Bloody murder. But it was short cause I quickly covered my mouth and went quiet, trying to grasp my senses. "It can't be.." I whispered to myself. I leaned against the bathroom door to block anyone coming in. I started to panic, what will Meowscles think? I was pulled out of my mind when there was a knock on the door. I said, "I busy!" Then face palmed, this is a bathroom idiot! Meowscles purred on the other side and said, "Doing what?" I sighed and opened the door a crack. He tried to butt in but I held my stance. He growled under his breath and said, "What's wrong? Why am I not allowed in?" I shook my head and replied, "It's probably best if you..stay back?" Meowscles stared at him and sighed in defeat. 

He turned on his heels and walked upstairs. I shut the bathroom door and puked again. I heard Skye talking to TnTina before she knocked on the door, "Midas, Open the door please?" I shook my head even though she can't see me. I started to whimper and shake, this was taking a toll. TnTina picked-lock the door and walked in with Skye. Skye rushed to my side and patted my back as I puked my guts out. TnTina shut the door and locked it and sat on the counter. TnTina started to ask questions, it made me uncomfortable, like I was about to be shot...Ya know?

"Does this happen a lot?" I shook my head and spit. She nodded and looked up, "When's the last time you and Meowscles...Ya knowwww." "Not recently....Maybe a week ba-" I threw up. She nodded, her face red of embarrassment of asking. Skye laughed and continued to rub small circles in my back. TnTina nodded and Skye and she looked at me with stern eyes, something I've never seen before. "We think we might know what's wrong with you.."

Monika's POV

I was relaxing against the wall, thinking to myself. I sighed..Missing my dearest friend I had lost..So many years ago...I shook my head, blinking away the tears the flooded my eyes. My mask felt uncomfortable as I tried to wipe my eyes. Brutus was going upstairs to get Meowscles to meet the new agent that was soon to arrive. I pushed myself off the wall and went outside to practice with my knifes. I saw Skye walk outside a little while later, calling my name. I shouted back, "Hang On!" I grabbed my knifes and put them in their holsters. I walked in and everyone was there, greeting the newcomer. 

I walked up and said, "Who is it this t-" I was cut short when I saw who it was. The person I was thinking about was standing there in front of me. I clenched my fist together, holding back tears. "L-lillith?" Lillith stood there standing, tear's rolling. She ran up and wrapped me into a hug I couldn't escape, I didn't want to either. I hugged her back. She cupped my face and said, "How long have you worn that silly mask?" I sniffed and whimpered, "Since you left..." She frowned softly and unclipped the mask. I heard everyone gasp. "Your just as beautiful as the day lost you.." She rubbed her thumb across my cheek, wiping stray tears away. Brutus whispered, "Told you she was pretty!" 

Mysterious POV

I watched the beautiful scene unfold in front of me. I took a picture, I knew it was going to needed later, most likely. I glance around the room, checking if there was anything out of the odds. The only thing I could focus on was Midas. It seemed he couldn't stand up straight so he leaned against Meowscles. Meowscles tail swayed softly, everything was perfect to me. I was zoning out when I saw movement. I looked to the staircase and saw that someone was fleeing. Midas must have seen it too, cause he tensed up and nodded at me. I nodded and raced to the stairs as quiet I could. I saw the person had dropped a empty bottle. 

I stepped past the shatter pieces and kept going. I heard the door to the roof creak open. I widened my eyes, 'How?!' I screamed in my head. There's 24 flight of stairs before you can even reach that door! I growled and got on all fours claws digging into the metal of the stairs. I reached up and grabbed the railing of the stairs and hung off the side and brought my legs up. I started to launch up to each railing. I reached the top in record time I busted open the door. My eyes landed on a person at the edge, sizing up if they could make it to the water. Her hat almost came off as she gripped it, scared to jump. She looked back and realized I was there. She took a step forward but stepped back, she need's a running head start.

I tackled her and pinned her down, hands behind her back. She grunted and tried to kick me off, that wasn't helping. She tried one more time before giving up, her hat blowing away in the wind. I slacked off a bit, cause 1) I was out of breath, 2) She seemed harmless, 3) She cute. She laid on her back, huffing, lip bleeding. I pulled a rag out of my back pocket and cupped her face to wipe off the blood. He slapped my hand away and said, "Get away from me..." I rolled my eyes and said, "Quit being petty and let me help y-" "I don't need your help." I flared my nostrils and said, "Fine. I hope you like to be golden, my boss has no issue turning people to..Decoration ~." She huffed and said, "Fine..I'll let you help me.." 

I nodded and wiped off the blood and gave her some bandages. I turn my back for one minute and meet with a pistol barrel to my forehead. I swallowed and cursed, knowing I shouldn't have trusted her. She smiled and licked her teeth. I face heated up slightly. She whispered, 'Has your mommy ever told ya not to trust strangers~?" I was planning on grabbing her wrist and twisting it but I was stopped. She shook her head as if she read my mind, "Don't do that if I were you~." I cursed again and stood there the sun blinding me. She laughed quietly and took the gun away from my head. I swiped my leg under hers and made her fall on her back. She cursed and dropped the gun from her grasp. 

I kicked the gun of the edge and heard it hit the ground, shattering in pieces. She screamed and looked over the edge. "No! Do you know what that gun means to me!?" She yelled, I shrugged, caring less. She fixed her yellow eyes on me and started to sprint. I tried to chase her, but decided not to. She leaped off the side and I heard a splash. 'Thank god..Wait! No-I mean, dang it..' I sighed and went back in. Skye was sprinting the the kitchen, grabbing something and sprinting back. Monika and lillith were no where in sight. Brutus was sweating and Meowscles was gripping the couch, veins bulging. "The hell is happening in here?" Meowscles was so nervous he practically shouted at me, "Nothing!" 

That's a bunch B.S.

Tellin' ya that right now.