Chapter 12: Caught

3rd Person

Midas got dressed for the hot weather outside and snuck out. He was approaching Sweaty, skateboard in hands. He opened the gate and walked in, a chick rolled up, "Hi cutie pie! I'm Derby Dynamo! But you can call me Derby!" She smiled and held out her hand. Midas smiled too and shook it, surprised that she came up and talked to him in the first place. Midas then remembered that it was not his childhood, people don't hate him for no reason now...They adore him. Derby motioned him to follow her and she took off to the other side of the skate park.

Midas followed but he ran, he wasn't very sure he should ride his skate board. He might be rusty and didn't want to embarrass himself. He caught soon after and took quick short breaths, completely recomposed afterwards. Derby smiled, "Nice to know that you have lungs, I've never seen someone run that far and get their breath back that quickly!" Midas smiled and blushed, "T-Thank you!" He bowed, it just comes naturally. She blushed and slapped his back, "You quit that!" Midas laughed and he said, "But..I forgotten how to skate..It's forever!" Derby nodded and said, "Np! I'll just reteach you!" Midas smiled and pumped his fist into the air.

Derby led Midas to the small ramp, "I'll teach you on-" Midas tossed his board on the ground and zoomed up the ramp, kick flipping and landing it. Derby was in awe, "H-how?!" Midas laughed and said, "That use to be my favorite move! So, I have it by heart!" Derby had a closed eye smile and gave a thumbs up. Midas smiled to and he continued to do tricks that he remembered. Soon, everybody was watching him. He smiled at them and soon, he became the teacher. He taught everybody small tricks that would lead to big ones.

Then someone spoke up, "Let's go on a joy ride!" Everybody whooped at that. Midas stood confused and they explained, 'It's where we ride around the island!" Midas nodded, "Sounds fun!" He replied, grinning. The all skated down the side walk, some in groups, some by them selfs. Midas was by himself, crusing, when Derby rolled up beside him, "Chief, can you tell me what you were doing doing at Mcdonalds?" Midas knew this very well cause TnTina and Skye quote it every day.

"Finishing this BigMac sir." She laughed and said, "You know what..Your not bad." Midas nodded and thanked her. Midas realized she was blushing or maybe it was the heat but he couldn't stop himself from saying, "Yeah, I wonder what my boyfriend will think about me skateboarding..." Derby didn't even react. She shrugged, "Boarding is life, If he has a problem with it, he can come talk to me." Midas laughed, "My boyfriend is not scrawny." She laughed, "Then what is he? Some buff super human?" She laughed harder and Midas giggled, "Your not far off." She choked and said, "W-what?!" Midas laughed again. "My boyfriend is really buff and he's...Not human, but close enough." Derby was trying to decide if he was being serious or not.

They've been skating for awhile chatting and healing scraped knees. They were by the Shark when Midas's phone rang, It was Meowscles, so, he picked it up."Midas, Honey, I'm getting nervous and worried, where are you?" Midas soft sighed, "Babe, I'm by the Shark, I'm fine~." You could here him fumbling around. Midas realized that Meowscles would have been blowing up his phone by now with calls. "Wait, have they been keeping your phone away from you?" Midas asked, now knowing the truth. Meowscles mewed angerly, "Yes, they have!" You could tell he's outside, the wind was cutting him out every now and then.  

Midas sighed, "Calm down doll, I'll be back short-" "-Your *Huff* At *Huff* The *Huff* SHARK! THATS ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE ISLAND!" Midas took his phone away from his ear. "Meowscles!" It got quiet on the other side. "Quit yelling! That is not solving anything! Calm down! I'll be fine!" Meowscles mewed quietly on the other side, "Do you still love me?" He asked quietly. Midas felt his heart sink, "Of course I do Meow! What do you mean?" Meowscles sighed, "Im sorry, I just feel like you don't...." Midas teared up, he had no words. He hung up and chunked his phone into the ocean. Derby patted his back, "Broke up?" Midas shook his head, "No...J-just lost w-with words.." Derby nodded.