Chapter 18: Lungch

Midas fell asleep again, causing Meowscles to groan. He was super hungy but didn't want wake Midas. Meowscles looked over at Kit who was fast asleep as well. Meowscles slowed slid himself off the bed and fist pumped the air. He quietly crept out of the room and downstairs to Skye demonic screeching about puppers. Meowscles laughed and walked into the kitchen, looking for something to eat. He looked to the counter and saw a slice of pizza with toothpaste and ketchup or some shit on it. He gagged and called, "WHO IN THE HELL MADE THIS?" Tina started to laugh and Maya thought it was funny as hell and started to laugh a long side with her. Meowscles threw the piece away and shook his head. He looked in the fridge and saw some grapes. He snatched those and walked in the living room.

He saw that Brutus was beating Maya shitless in smashbros. Meowscles sat down and ate a few grapes and then he heard something. He was weird little patting noises. He peaked over the back of the couch and up the stairs. He saw Kit bounding down the stairs. 'How in the fuck did he get out of the room??' Meowscles asked himself as he got up and snatched Kit. He mewed and clawed at Meowscles hands, wanting down. Skye squealed when she saw Kit. Meowscles growled and said, "Kit, take a chill pill for a few seconds please.." Kit looked at him and stopped. Maya tapped her chin, "Hmm, He already knows basic commands...How weird..." Meowcles sat Kit down on the couch and walked into the kitchen,"What do kittens eat?" Maya rolled her eyes, "Milk, quiet oblivious..." Meowscles shuddered and said, "Im not a mammal..."

Everybody burst out laughing. Meowscles rolled his eyes and groaned, "We don't have baby bottles do we?" Maya shook her head and said, "Do you want me to run to the store?" Meowscles said, "If you wouldn't mind..." Maya nodded and patted Kit and grabbed her keys, walking out. Meowscles came up and peered over the couch, looking at Kit. Kit mewed and pawed the air. Meowscles purred, fond of the fur ball. Kit proceeded to waddle to Brutus and get in his lap. Meowscles scoffed and said, "Betrayal..." Brutus laughed and petted Kit, softly smiling. Meowscles was glad Kit was liked by everyone. Meowscles hears someone up stairs. He turns his head and sees his lover, Midas, walking down, panic in his eyes. "Have you seen Kit?" Midas asked, hoping Kit was with him.

Meowscles purred and pointed to Brutus. Midas jogged over and saw that Kit was laying there, enjoying Brutus's petting and cooing. Midas smiled and nodded, kinda getting protective, "Can I have him back?" He asked. Brutus can't say 'no', so he handed Kit back to Midas. Midas held his close and started to coo. Meowscles smiled and rested his head on his shoulder, watching Midas. People always claim that Midas has no heart and no soul, but this proves otherwise. Midas has a heart..Maybe not a soul, probably sold it but...A heart is a definite yes. Maya came back in record time with a few things. 
Midas walked into the kitchen, asking her where she went then his eyes landed on the purchases. He nodded and grabbed some things, setting them aside. Meowscles picked up Kit and carried him into the kitchen, setting him on the counter. Midas smiled at the sight of Kit and patted his head, giving him a little kiss after the pat. Meowscles purred and leaned in the kitchen doorway. Midas cleaned the bottles that where purchased and Maya grabbed something from the fridge. Maya made something like formula. Meowscles stood there thinking a realized, "Im going to be a shitty father..." He didn't mean to say that out loud. Midas perked up and looked at him, "Love, you will not.." Meowscles ears flattened as he looked towards the ground.

"How could you be so sure?" He questioned. Midas's eyes softened as and put his hand on Meowscles cheek. Meowscles nuzzled into it, making Midas's heart melt. He loves this man...More than anything in the world....."I know so, I promise....You have a heart bigger than this island..." Meowscles smiled and said, "You have a heart of gold.." "Oh my Oro Meowscles, I can't with you sometimes-" Meowscles burst out laughing, rolling. Midas shook his head and rolled his eyes. He grabbed the bottle and held Kit, feeding him. Meowscles was trying to stop but he found hilarious. He laughed until his ribs hurt like hell.