chapter 36 - s u r p r i s e

TW: mentions of sexual assault and rape (basically what happened earlier in the book but just small mentions of it)

A/N: there's a lot of dialogue this chapter btw

***

A few weeks had passed since that day at Hogwarts. Natalia and Fred had barely seen or talked to each other, either Fred was busy with the shop or Natalia was helping Bella plan out her wedding.

Natalia still didn't know what she wanted to do. She didn't want to be stuck working at a desk job in the Ministry but she didn't want to do anything else.

Fred had offered to let Natalia help out at the shop until she found something but she didn't want to burden him. They hadn't even opened the shop yet and they were already so busy.

On a different note, Natalia still occasionally got nightmares from all those nights combined. She would wake up in the middle of the night screaming, with sweat dripping down her face. Ever since the first time when Sirius found her, she had made sure to cast muffliato or silencio on the door so she wouldn't disturb him again.

She knew she needed help but she was too scared to ask for it. Natalia wanted to show everyone that she was strong enough to handle everything and that she wasn't fragile looking like she was gonna break at any moment.

The only thing that was keeping her from breaking was Bella and Dylan's wedding as well as Lupin and Tonks finally getting together.

Natalia's thoughts were interrupted when she heard a harsh knock at her door.

"Sweetheart come out, I have something for you." Natalia got out of bed and opened the door to see a tall, ginger standing outside of it next to her dad.

"Surprise (shawty)!" Fred yelled. Natalia didn't say anything but ran into his arms and hugged him so tightly so that he wouldn't let go.

"What are you doing here?!" she asked.

"I talked to your dad and told him that I wanted to take you out on a date since we haven't seen each other in a while."

"And Dad you said yes?" she said while lifting up one eyebrow at Sirius.

"I did say yes. But remember what I told you Fred. No funny business and she better be home by 11."

"Yes sir."

"Now go have fun you two kids, I finally get the house to myself," Sirius said while lightly chuckling and going back to his room.

"Where are you taking me?" Natalia asked. She was so excited to spend a day with just Fred.

"It's a surprise love," he said while grabbing her hand and then apparating out of the house.

***

They arrived at Diagon Alley, Natalia confused as to why Fred brought her here.

"What are we doing here Freddie?"

"I have something to show you," he said while dragging her to an empty building. Fred took out his keys and opened the door and Natalia was shocked. The inside was filled with different types of candy and practically any type of prank you could think of.

"Is this-"

"Yes. This is Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes."

"It's amazing."

"Isn't it?"

"So you guys have been fixing this shop up and setting everything up since school ended?" she asked while looking at each individual product.