4. Take care of Yourself

Melikşah's POV

I gave a confused look and then asked him to read it out.

"Selam, Sultan Melikşah. I'm Elçin Hatun's assistant Burçak. We're in need for help. Elçin hatun has been threatened and attacked.."

"Ne?" I got up from my seat in astonishment before he could complete reading.

Then he continued,
"She is even injured but isn't ready to ask for help from you.
I'm sorry to write this letter very  secretly, but wanted to inform and seek for help."

I stood silent staring on the ground.

Meanwhile, Kamaç added, "What should we do Sultanım? Should we write to them?"

"Sending a letter isn't enough Kamaç. Gather our men! We're going to Anatolia."

...

2 days later

We arrived in Anatolia. As expected, everyone was quite surprised to see us.

"Sultan Melikşah hazretlerı!" one of the soldiers announced.

Just a few seconds later, Elçin hatun stepped out of her yurt walking very confidently as always, and approached me.
She too gave a bewildered look.

I began myself,
"Selam. Nasılsın Elçin hatun?"

"Iyim Sultanım. But.."

"I know that you're surprised to see us here. Let me tell you, we were informed by your assistant that you were attacked. We're also aware that you don't want to receive any help from us, but still I consider it as a duty to look after the ones who are with us."

"I'm sorry Sultanım that you had to come all the way from Isfahan but it isn't a very big matter. Such things keep happening, and being given the duty to rule Anatolia, it's my responsibility to sort such things. Please don't worry needlessly Sultanım."

"Isn't the matter big enough to be attended to?" I asked eyeing her wounded arm.

"Sultanım, I've promised to fulfill my duties. And..."

I interrupted before she could finish.

"Elçin hatun, I'm aware of your confidence and leadership. But being a Sultan, it's my duty to come here and see if everything is well. Could you tell me what exactly happened?"

"An emperor named Markus. He wants to take over Anatolia, but I refused. So he threatened me and because of that I got a little injured. Nothing more." she replied this without making an eye contact.

I asked for a last time.

"Elçin hatun, don't you really need any help? Can you do this alone?"
I looked at her with quite hopeful eyes.

"No, Sultanım. I'll manage these matters. Anyways, I admit it was a result of our carelessness. Please feel contented."

I smiled slightly and nodded.

"Sultanım, please sit and 'll ask them to serve you."

"Gerek yok Elçin hatun. We're leaving now as we've few other matters to attend to."

"Koluna ve kendine iyi bak Elçin hatun. Geçmiş olsun."

"Siz de Sultanım."

I turned towards her and smiled...

Elçin's POV

He left. I called out to Burçak.

"Burçak why did you send a letter without my permission? How could you do this?"

Burçak 's voice cracked as she spoke,
"Hanımım, you weren't ready to ask for any help. Moreover, I couldn't bear seeing your situation. I did this thinking of our good. That's it. I'm sorry hanım. I hope it doesn't create any problems."

She bowed her head down while a few tears dropped from her eyes.

"Tamam. It's over now. I spoke to him. I'll handle everything."

"Now, write a letter to Markus stating that I accept his proposal..."

______________

Sultan Melikşah hazretlerı - Sultan Melikşah his excellency

Nasılsın - how are you?

Iyim - I'm good

Gerek yok - not needed

Koluna ve kendine iyi bak - Take care of yourself and your arm

Geçmiş olsun - Get well soon

Siz de - You too