11. Who is he?

Melikşah's POV

She immediately rolled down her sleeves as I opened the door.

I approached her while she stood very quiet staring at the wall.

"Should I help?" I asked very calmly standing close to her.

"Yok.." she replied turning her gaze away.
(Kalbim soundtrack)

"Don't be stubborn. Let me help." I told and put my hand forward asking her to hand over the paste to me.
And then, pointed towards the sofa asking her to sit there.

She rolled up her sleeves a little.

I was shocked to see the marks on her arm, as though it had been badly slashed.

I looked at her while applying the paste on her right arm, but she avoided an eye contact and her left hand almost quivered.

"What happened that night, Elçin hatun?" I asked.

She turned her gaze towards me.
"W-which?" She asked.

"This." I answered eyeing her arm.

"I've already told you, Sultanım."

"But you didn't tell me the whole thing."

"I've told you whatever I had to, Sultanım. Anyways, how does it matter now?"

She told this and got up from the sofa.
"Thankyou!" She further added.

I didn't reply to what she told.

Again, a few seconds later, she turned towards me, while I was still seated on the sofa.

"And why are you doing this? Why are you tryin' to heal my wound, Sultanım? Perhaps compensating for the marriage that you've tied me into." she asked, but not screaming at me.

I got up from the sofa, stood right in front of her staring her in the eyes,
"I've tied you up..huh? Didn't I give you two choices? Didn't I say that you were free to choose a side? Why did you marry me? You could've joined with Markus."

"Markuss..Markuss..Markuss!! Uff..
Did you give me a chance to justify? Did you ask me why did I do all this? Did you trust me? Did you?And you still speak of Markus."
Her eyes almost filled with tears as she asked.

Her words pinpricked me.

"Where're you going? I asked her as she stepped towards the door.

"I'll sleep in that room."

"Don't. It's just the first day. They won't think good. You sleep on the bed there, 'll sleep on the sofa."

"Won't think good? They already know about everything. So-"

I was about to hold her arm to stop her, but backed off.

"Elçin hatun, our traditions are quite strict regarding such things. Lütfen, only for today, so that noone gets a chance to make an issue."

I looked at her hopefully.
She nodded.

She covered her head with a scarf so that her hair couldn't be seen. Obviously, she didn't want to reveal her hair to me. And slept in the same outfit.

The next morning, I woke up. She wasn't in the room, probably had woken up earlier.

I went straight to the court hall, where Hace was waiting for me.

"Neoldu Hace?" I asked him

"Sultanım, since the past days I've been suspecting a mischief in the palace. Some of the letters seem to be misplaced. Moreover, we were to receive a letter from Şelemzar, but didn't. There are traitors in this palace, Sultanım. I fear if we don't take an action soon, things might get worse."

"Whom do you doubt Hace?"

"Sultanım, there are a few whom I doubt , but I can't accuse them without a proof. I hope you permit me to look thoroughly into this matter."

"Tamam, Hace. Investigate into this matter, but be careful. Those who are behind this shouldn't doubt you."

Elçin's POV

"Elçin hatun!" Gevher called out to me.

"Söyle Gevher, what happened?"

"Mahmelek is disturbed. She isn't talking to us. Perhaps if you speak to her, she might feel better."

"I went to her room. But she was sleeping. She might not want to talk to me now. I'll speak to her a little later. Obviously, she's young and such things aren't easy for her.
You take care of yourself, Gevher. Don't worry 'll try to handle."

"Sağol, Elçin hatun."

A few hours later, it was almost evening.

He stood there alone in the balcony.
I approached him.
He was so lost in thoughts that he didn't notice me.

"Sultanım.."

"Neoldu? You seem tensed."

He sighed.
"I'm not tensed, Elçin hatun. Sometimes, a person doesn't understand what goes on inside him.
His mind and heart are in a constant conflict. He tries to combat all battles except the ones of his heart or those whom he loves. Because the battles of love, are quite difficult."

I smiled a little.
"Indeed, love is very toxic. You can win every battle but not the one with love. That person becomes not only a part, but almost your whole life. His face appears before your eyes when you shut them to sleep.
His fragrance resides in your heart. Forever! At times, it's the envy of people that murders your story."

"True love is never murdered, Elçin hatun."

A few seconds later, he asked,

"Who is he?"

___________________

Vote and comment, if you liked the chapter :)

Söyle - tell

Lütfen - Please

Neoldu - What happened?

Sağol - Thankyou