19. And my Wife

Melikşah's POV

As the soldier announced my arrival, she stepped out of her yurt and stopped staring at me in surprise.
She didn't approach me but stood there.

"Sultan Melikşah" Kılıç who was surprised to find me there, came near to me.

"Kılıç bey, nasılsın?" I asked in a sarcastic tone.

"W-what are you-"

"Don't worry! I'm not here to capture you."

"That's obvious. I understood. I ain't a fool, Sultan Melikşah."

"Oh good. Then you must've guessed why I'm here as well."

Elçin stood at the same place, a little farther. She couldn't hear what we spoke. So i continued.

"I'm not going to ask who helped you escape or why are you here now. Because I know, you're clever enough to plot against me."

"That's your mentality, Melikşah! I'm not here to plot against you. I'm Kılıç Arslan, we share the same bloodline. So it's obvious, that I won't sit and rot in prison instead do what I need to.
Also, I can see how you've got hold of my sister and take an advantage of her innocence. "

"Now this is your cheap mentality, Kılıç. I really don't care what you think.
Bu arada, you haven't changed much. Spent months in the prison yet the same."

He chuckled and then called a few of the soldiers.

"Hadi, Sultan Melikşah is here. Ask them to make some arrangements for food and also prepare the yurt so that he can rest."

He left and all that while Elçin stood at the same place with her face slightly turned to the left.
After he left, she looked at me again and gave a frustrated look and left before I could approach her.

In the evening, we were done with dinner. Elçin didn't meet me. It was obvious that she had questions in her mind, but at the same time was frustrated.

A little later, I saw her warming herself near a bonfire also with a few metallic arrows in her hand.

I sat beside her.
A few seconds of silence and then she asked staring at the flame.

"Why are you here?"

I sighed and then replied,

"I-I couldn't let you stay here.. Alone."

"But I'm not alone. Even ağabey is here. You shouldn't have bothered yourself unnecessarily."

"The previous time, Markus and your people..I mean what happened, I didn't want the same thing to happen again."

"It wasn't my fault that time. Just-"
The intensity of her voice increased.

"I didn't say that it was your fault. I didn't mean that, Elçin!"

"It's obvious that you didn't come here all the way from Isfahan just for this reason. I've always done things on my own, and this time it was the same."

Quite annoyed by her harsh tone, I asked,

"Why are you talking so rudely to me? What 've I done? I know that you're a very brave and smart lady. But no matter what, you still are a Selçuklu hatun and-"

I sighed a little.

"And my wife."

I held her hand as she got up to leave.
I wanted our conversation to continue but she didn't want it to, for that moment.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll go hunting tomorrow morning. So I've to keep this. Iyi Gecelar."
She answered with the arrows in her other hand.

As she moved towards her yurt, she tripped and fell. An unnoticed arrow which was on the ground hurt her back.

____________________

Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter :)

Bu arada - By the way

Iyi Gecelar - Good Night