Chapter Two

Revna and Astrid landed their dragons and descended from their backs. Toothless bounded over to greet his dragon friends, but not before being pet affectionately by the young ladies as he passed.

"Afternoon, milady," Hiccup greeting affectionately, "And... cousin. Where have you been?" Revna rolled her eyes, knowing that Hiccup was mostly talking to Astrid. She was surprised that he actually acknowledged her behind the love of his life. Revna opted to give the couple their moment and sat down a few feet away from them in the grass.

Astrid waltzed closer as she replied confidently, "Well, winning races. What else? The real question is... where have you been?"

"Avoiding my dad," Hiccup said matter-of-factly while Astrid sat next to him, getting comfortable.

Astrid shifted slightly, tucking her legs to the side, and asked, "Oh, no. What happened now?" Hiccup and Stoick fighting was never a surprise to anybody, considering how often it happened. Revna had a feeling what Hiccup was upset about but decided to let him tell Astrid.

"Oh, you're gonna love this," Hiccup said dramatically and stood up to exaggerate his story. "I wake up. The sun's shining. Terrible Terrors are singing on the rooftop. I saunter down to breakfast, thinking all's right with the world and I get...."

Hiccup imitated Stoick's voice as he reenacted, "Son, we need to talk."

Hiccup was about to continue, but Astrid decided to play along. Imitating Hiccup, she said, "Not now, Dad. I've got a whole day of goofing off to get started."

Scoffing, Hiccup argued, "Okay, first of all, I don't sound like that. What is this character? And second... what is that thing you're doing with my shoulders?" As if it was the answer he wanted, Astrid continued the shrugging motion she created for her imitation, making Revna laugh.

"A truly flattering impersonation. Anyway he goes....", Hiccup continued and began to imitate Stoick again. "You're the pride of Berk, son, and I couldn't be prouder...."

Astrid interrupted as if she was Hiccup, "Aw, thanks, Dad. I'm pretty impressed with myself too."

Hiccup laughed as he exclaimed, "When have I ever done that with my hands?" As he spoke, he flared his arms around dramatically just like Astrid depicted.

"You just did," Astrid argued playfully. Revna laughed more as Astrid kept shrugging her shoulders. Hiccup found it comical too as he crouched down next to her.

Holding her arms to her sides, he said, "Okay... just... hold still. It's very serious." Astrid fake pouted, but nodded her head anyway, waiting for her love to continue.

"You're all grown up, and since no chief could ask for a better successor, I've decided-"

"To make you chief! Oh, my Gods! Hiccup, that's amazing!" In her excitement, Astrid punched Hiccup's chest, causing him to grunt at the sudden impact, and his hand-crafted fin popped out. The sound of Revna and Astrid's laughter mixed in the air with Hiccup's grumbling.

As he winded back his contraption, Hiccup whined, "You're gonna wear out the spring coil. The calibration is very sensitive." Revna stood and joined her friends, but was suddenly knocked down by a strong force. From the ground, she looked up and saw Toothless, Stormfly, and Amethyst running past. Revna huffed and flicked her hair out of her eyes as she stood up from the ground. Hiccup was already standing, helping Astrid up.

"Yeah, so.... This is what I'm dealing with", Hiccup relented.

"I'm okay, by the way. Thanks for your concern," Revna interjected while brushing dirt off of her clothes.