Happiness - Part 2

Arrived at the movie theatre, Malak stood near the entrance before looking at the time. He waited the remaining ten minutes before contacting Kian if he didn't see him then.

As the minutes slowly went by, Malak played a game on his phone to distract himself. Since he was standing near the entrance, many people were walking in and out of the building. Therefore, the young adult didn't notice when Kian stood next to him for a few minutes.

"Is it fun?" Kian asked as he startled Malak, who nearly dropped his smartphone.

"Kian!"

"Yes?" the man smiled as Malak tried to calm his erratic beating heart.

"D-did you wait for a long time?"

"I just arrived," Kian lied as the teenager sighed in relief. "Let's go inside, shall we?"

Malak nodded and followed his friend into the movie theatre. Inside, the noise of the arcade games and the brouhaha of the people greeted them. Getting in line to buy their tickets, they both looked at the movie's schedule displayed.

"What do you want to watch?" Malak asked as he tilted his head to the side.

Kian hummed while observing the screen with the schedule. "What about Giggling in the Graveyard or Ruins of the Dead?"

Malak nervously swallowed as he heard the titles of the horror movies. "I-I think Ruins of the Dead looks more interesting."

Kian observed Malak from the corner of his eyes. "But then again, The President sounds interesting too."

Once he heard the name of a movie that wasn't in the horror genre, he quickly accepted without double-checking what it was about.

"Are you sure?" Kian smiled innocently.

"Yup, let's go with that one," Malak smiled back, making his friend chuckle.

When it was their turn to buy the movie tickets, Kian insisted on paying for both of them. However, they weren't committed to a relationship and therefore, Malak refused and wouldn't budge from his decision. In the end, they both paid for their tickets before going in line to buy some popcorn.

With everything they needed, they went to enjoy the movie they both chose. While munching on the popcorn, Malak enjoyed the romance movie while Kian eyed him by the corner of his eyes. He wasn't interested in the movie at all. The movie was only a reason to lure Malak out, so he could proceed to the main dish later. He was almost positive that the teenager had feelings for him, but was too shy to act.

Around halfway through the movie, the room was filled with sexual moans and grunts causing Malak to blush while hiding behind his bag of popcorn. It wasn't like it was the first time for him to see sexual acts in a movie. It was more the fact that Kian was sitting next to him that made him uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" Kian whispered as Malak sat straight in his chair while hoping the darkness of the room was hiding his red cheeks.

"N-nothing," he whispered back as he tried not to squirm in his seat.

Kian nodded and turned to face the screen once more. The man and woman were still engaged in their sexual activities as he blankly stared at it. Although he was staring at the screen, he was not seeing or hearing the movie. Instead, he filtered his thoughts on something more appealing and that was the young man sitting next to him. He kept thinking how cute Malak was as he got embarrassed and flustered at the erotic scenes. Because of that, being unable to touch or sit closer to him was an extremely hard task.

Two hours and a half later, the movie ended and Malak sighed in relief. He couldn't believe he accepted to watch an erotic movie so eagerly.

"Did you enjoy it?" Kian asked calmly as they remained seated while the others were slowly leaving the room.