𝟏𝟑

chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

A FEW DAYS AFTER SAVING STEFAN, Harper walked downstairs to be greeted by her brother and father, who looked to be rather serious.

"What's going on?" Harper asked, her eyebrows furrowing slightly in confusion as she approached the kitchen table.

"I just thought maybe it was time we had a family conversation one of the rare times you are home." Mr. Davidson explained, causing Harper to nod slightly, feeling a bit guilty she hadn't been at home much. She had barely talked to Noah in the past few weeks, and she knew it was because she had been so caught up in her friend drama.

"About...?" Harper trailed off, wondering what her father could possibly want to talk about.

"I told Noah about your mother and what she was. What you are." Mr. Davidson explained, causing Harper to glance at Noah, who was already staring at her, as if he were trying to figure her out.

"Wow, dad, way to make it seem as though I'm an alien." Harper retorted, causing Mr. Davidson to chuckle slightly, shaking his head.

"You know that's not what I meant. I just thought it would be good for you two to talk, that's all." He replied, glancing at his watch before sighing out softly. "I've got plans, but, I love you both. See you later, don't stay up too late." He added, grabbing his bag and heading out the door a few moments later.

"Jeremy said you've been out with Elena and her boyfriend and his creepy brother a lot." Noah spoke up, causing Harper to roll her eyes, turning to fully face her brother as she leaned against the table.

"I have. Elena's my friend, you know." Harper replied sarcastically, not sure where Noah was going with that.

"I want to see them." Noah stated suddenly, causing Harper to raise her eyebrows slightly. "Your powers. Dad told me you can... do stuff." He added, causing Harper to realize what he truly meant.

"Alright, watch, then." Harper replied simply, glancing over at the sink, immediately causing water to start pouring out of it, as if someone had turned it on.

"Was that you?" Noah asked curiously, glancing over at the sink with wide eyes.

Harper laughed slightly and nodded, stopping the flow of water.

"I can also control fire and air. Supposedly land, too, but... I haven't tried that one out yet." Harper explained truthfully, thinking about the fact that she had no idea how much power may be able to come with the control of land.

"And why don't I have this, too? I mean, this is so cool! Imagine the things you could do and the people you could-" Noah started to ramble, but Harper cut him off quickly.