𝟐𝟔

chapter twenty six

chapter twenty six.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"ELENA, IT'S WAY TOO EARLY TO TALK ABOUT OUR DEATH SENTENCE." Harper muttered, sipping out of a cup of coffee as she sat down on the couch beside Elena, Rose standing across from them. Elena had come over to the Salvatore house that morning to discuss a new plan for the curse.

Harper had spent the night with Damon, mostly because she just wanted someone to hold her and tell her that everything was going to be fine, even if it wasn't. She was more worried about the curse than anything, and Damon could tell. He wanted nothing more than to make that go away, and it killed him to know that he couldn't.

"Well, I think it's the perfect time. We need to visit your friend, Slater." Elena stated bluntly, causing Rose to shake her head immediately.

"That's not a good idea." Rose replied firmly, a bit of concern in her voice.

"Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you got it." Elena explained, causing Rose to scoff quietly.

"Because someone blew up a coffee shop with us in it." Rose replied slowly, trying to get it through Elena's head that it wasn't safe.

"Yeah, Elena, I really would prefer not to get blown up." Harper chimed in, taking a long sip from her coffee afterwards.

"There's more to learn, don't you want to figure this all out?" Elena asked, raising an eyebrow at Harper, who knew she was right.

"Why are you coming to me with this?" Rose asked suddenly, crossing her arms as she looked at Elena.

"Because you owe me. One word from me, and Stefan could have killed you for kidnapping me." Elena explained, looking at Rose from her seat on the couch.

"Or, maybe it's because you know Stefan wouldn't want you doing this? Or Damon, for that matter?" Rose added, looking over at Harper, who shrugged slightly.

"It was her idea, not mine. The boys will be fine." Harper explained, even though she knew Damon wasn't going to be happy, especially after they went to Katherine behind his and Stefan's back.

"We're having a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone I love, and I'm not. Harper, for example, never should have been dragged into this in the first place." Elena explained, and Harper felt a bit sympathetic for her, knowing she was trying to protect her and their friends.

"They are just trying to protect you two." Rose pointed out, glancing between the two girls.

"And you've proven that you couldn't care less whether I'm protected or not. So, we're back to you taking us to Slater." Elena fired back, which caused Rose to plop down on the sofa next to them.