𝟐𝟖

chapter twenty eight

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"I'M NOT ALWAYS WITH HIM, NOAH." Harper retorted as she tugged a jean jacket over her shoulders, standing in front of her mirror to inspect her outfit choice.

"Uh, yeah, you kind of are. I mean, are you two dating now, or something?" Noah asked, leaning in the doorway of Harper's bedroom.

"I guess so." Harper replied, grabbing her phone and shoving it in her back pocket. "I don't know, sort of?" She added, but it sounded like more of a question.

"Well, I don't like him. He's not a good person, Harper. What do you think dad would do if he found out you were dating an older guy who likes to murder people?" Noah asked, raising his eyebrows as his sister finally turned to face him, walking over to the doorway to stand in front of him.

"He doesn't like to murder people. He just... Has some temperament issues. We're working on it." Harper replied, shrugging her shoulders slightly. "Besides, dad is never going to know because you're not going to tell him." She added, causing Noah to roll his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever. Where are you guys going, anyways?" Noah asked, following his sister out into the hallway as the doorbell rang.

"Some historical event at the Lockwood's. Probably going to be boring, but, he insisted." Harper replied, avoiding telling him that the real reason for their attendance was that Elijah was going to be there.

Harper said goodbye to her brother before walking downstairs, swinging the door open to reveal Damon.

"You look dashing." Damon greeted her, a small smirk on his face as she stepped outside, shutting the door behind her.

"Let's just go, I'd really like to get this over with." Harper replied, walking past Damon and over to his car, where she hopped in the passenger seat.

Damon drove them to the Lockwood's, parking his car outside the large piece of property, opening Harper's door for her once they got there.

"Action plan?" Harper asked as she stepped out of the car, beginning to walk towards the house beside Damon.

"Just follow my lead. We need to figure out what he knows. Not only about you, but... About everything." Damon replied, leading her up to the house, walking inside once they got up the steps.

"Damon, Harper, what are you doing here?" Jenna approached them immediately, a small smile on her face as she spoke.

"Oh, you know, just a couple of historical geeks." Damon replied, a sarcastic smile on his face as he walked past Jenna, making a near beeline for the mayor, who was speaking with Elijah.