𝟐𝟑

chapter twenty three

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

AFTER THE CHARITY EVENT, Katherine decided it was a good idea to go even further and attack Jenna when no one was suspecting it. So, that ended with Jenna in the hospital and Elena and Stefan breaking things off between them. Harper knew Elena thought it was for the best, but it really hurt her to see Elena so upset.

The morning after that happened, though, Caroline had sent both Bonnie and Harper a text to come to the Salvatore house so they could "talk" about Katherine.

As much as Harper feared for her own family's safety, she knew she had to help get rid of Katherine before anything actually happened.

So, Harper went to the Salvatore's with Bonnie, knocking on the door once they had arrived.

"I know you're still mad at me, Bonnie, but-" Harper began to speak as they waited for someone to answer the door, but Bonnie cut her off before she could finish.

"Let's just push it to the side for today, okay?" Bonnie suggested, looking over at Harper, who nodded slightly in agreement, even though she wished they could talk things out. She knew they could do that later, though.

"Hey, come on in." Caroline greeted as she swung the door open, stepping to the side as Harper and Bonnie walked in.

"Hey, you brought the grimoire, thank you." Stefan greeted as they walked into the living room, where they were also met with Damon and Alaric shuffling through weapons on a table.

"Why'd you message us? What's wrong?" Harper asked as she looked over at Damon, who met her gaze for a brief moment.

"We're going to kill Katherine." Jeremy entered the room, Noah by his said, who was looking at his sister sheepishly.

"Noah, I thought I told you to stay out of this." Harper spoke softly, her eyes full of concern for her younger brother.

"If you're part of this, I am, too." Noah replied firmly, causing Harper to nod slightly, realizing he had a bit of a point.

"Alright, well, care to explain why? Other than the fact that she's a raging bitch?" Harper asked, looking over at Stefan, who smiled in amusement at her comment.

Harper and Bonnie followed Noah and Jeremy over to the table Alaric and Damon were at, staring at all of the weapons in front of them.

"For you two, I recommend this." Alaric looked over at Jeremy and Noah, showing them one of the weapons. "Fits nicely under a jacket sleeve." He added before glancing over at Harper, who shook her head slightly.

"I don't need one. I found out that I can suffocate someone by taking the air out of them. Figured this might be the perfect time to try it out." Harper explained, earning a smirk from Damon and a nod from Alaric.