Chapter 12: You Deserve to be Punished

*****************************************************************

Chapter 12: You Deserve to be Punished

“Will you please tell me why you ran out of class like that?” Nash questioned impatiently for the tenth time. He sat next to me on the couch and stared at me with expectation. What did he want me to say? I was upset because he beat up Fenix, and he didn’t understand this? Was he really that thick?

His actions are what caused me to have an episode in the first place, not that he knew anything about that, but if he had, he’d be beating himself up for it. Alec gave me a sympathetic glance, knowing I was about to question Nash forcefully, and led a confused Mira out of the room to give us some privacy.

“I was upset about what you did.” I announced with a frown. This took him by surprise and he looked genuinely confused by my statement.

“What the hell did I do?” He asked, his green eyes searching mine tirelessly.

“Are you going to pretend that you don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about? That’s ‘stellar’ Nash, your words, not mine.” I scoffed at his inability to be truthful.

He had never lied to me before, why start now? I guess he figured I was upset, which I was and with good reason. He could have seriously injured Fenix, and although he was still on my shit list because he lied about being married, I didn’t need another person harmed, or worse because of me. Nash should have known better than that, especially after what happened a few weeks ago on the subway.

“I really have no fucking clue what you mean, so why don’t you spell it out for me.” He suggested with innocence. I was starting to think he had no idea why I was so upset, but how could he think I wouldn’t be angry over his overt show of violence against Rivers. I knew he wasn’t Nash’s favorite person, there was certainly no love loss there, but I never dreamed he would have stooped so low as to hurt him.

“I’m talking about Rivers.” I almost shouted in frustration. Why was he being such a dick about this?

“What about him?” He retorted in the most confused way that I was almost tempted to kiss him. But I was furious and hurt and there was no way he was going to get away with this by giving me that cute, bewildered face of his.

“You beat the shit out of him, so I just want to know why.” I explained and waited for graveling or some sort of attempt at atonement. But the response I got was a surprise.

“Whoa… I didn’t do that sexy baby. I don’t like the guy, but I know that you do and that would hurt you. So, I would never do that. I promise it wasn’t me.” Nash responded with gentleness and understanding, so much so that I almost felt guilty for accusing him.