Chapter 13: Collateral Damage

I had this ready for a week & it's my favorite chap thus far.. so I just couldn't wait so , here you go :)

Please listen to the song 'cause it is so AWESOME & FITTING for this chap!

***********************************************************

Chapter 13: Collateral Damage

“Jade, I do not approve of this.” Nash stated as we approached Rivers’ office door, which was slightly ajar.

“I don’t give a shit if you don’t approve Nash. You’re not my father.” I glowered at him. Yes, it was harsh and yes, I was wrong for doing it. He was worried about me and I understood that, but his over-protectiveness was strangling me.

“Come on sexy baby, don’t be like that. I just don’t want you alone with him, that’s all.” He responded plainly. He was worked up about Soren. He knew about the encounter, but I never told him that Soren intended to involve him and Mira, as well as Rivers. He didn’t need to know that, it would cause more worry. That was why I enlisted Alec’s help, but Nash was adamant about bringing me to this meeting instead.

“You know, your anger and jealousy are very misguided.” I responded, a little annoyed with him. He didn’t trust Rivers, it was as simple as that.

He didn’t have to be like this, we weren’t together, and we hadn’t been in a long time. I had almost lost him once, over his reaction to Soren’s proposal and his subsequent jealousy, not that he wasn’t right about him. But I couldn’t live with this constant jealousy, if that’s what it was. I needed him in my life, but I also needed to live my own life. He had to realize this sooner or later.

“I just don’t trust the guy. He’s married, he lied to you. How could you want to be alone with him? He’s a douche!” Nash replied with a hint of anger, which made my blood boil. How could he judge him, when he didn’t know the facts?

“You’re no fucking saint either.” I responded angrily. This was going downhill fast and I didn’t care. I was tired of this, all of it.

“I never claimed to be, but at least I didn’t fuck my student in some dirty bathroom, when I was married.” He sneered in the most hateful way. If this was what his jealousy looked like, then I wanted nothing to do with it.

“You don’t know his circumstance. Maybe he had a good reason.” I defended, and honestly couldn’t believe that I was doing it. Rivers lied to me and I was mad, but I was more pissed at Nash and his malicious presumptiveness.

“Jade, I’m the one who’s watching out for you, not him. I’m the one who follows you around every day, making sure you’re safe, yet he gets all the attention. Don’t be such a bitch about this.” Angry words spilled from his mouth and in that moment, I wanted nothing more than to hurt him.