Chapter 9: Most Inappropriate

*****This chapter contains scenes of a brief sex scene*****

There is a little sex stuff in this, but not too much. Enjoy :)

*********************************************************************

Chapter 9: Most Inappropriate

 It had been a week since the subway incident. The police labeled it an accident, as no one saw the man push that innocent woman to her death but me. I couldn’t confess to the police or take my chances down at the station. If Soren could have Nash beaten up by dirty cops, then he could certainly get to me as well.

Instead, Nash tightened my security. Alec was practically living with us now. He was considered a precautionary measure, even when Nash wasn't around. He never left me unattended, not even in the bathroom at school. It was mortifying to have a man standing in the bathroom, outside the stall while I took a piss. How embarrassing is that?

 I ditched my classes for three or four days following the incident, but gathered the courage to attend on Friday. My courses went by in a blur. I hadn’t even realized that I was in River’s class, sitting in my customary seat, until he shook my shoulder gently and gave me a quizzical look.

 “So, as I explained the other day, the project is due at the end of the semester. It needs to be 8-10 pages typed, double spaced, and in 12 point font. I do mean 12 point font, not 16 point Riley, but thanks for asking.” River’s voice carried as he made his way back toward the front of the class, scribbling the parameters of the project on the board.

 Wait, there was a project? When the hell did that happen and why wasn’t I told about it?

 “As you all are well aware, your topics must be related to this class and must be approved by me in the sessions I have set aside for you all. So have your questions and ideas ready by the time we meet one on one in my office next week.” He finished sternly. He sounded so much like a real professor as the words left his mouth, not the confusing and horny, student fucking kind that he actually was.

 “Class is dismissed.” Rivers stated and the entirety of the class shuffled toward the door.

I thoughtlessly made my way to the door as well, but was held back by a slight pressure on my upper arm. I turned to meet very pale blue eyes that were staring intently at me. I glanced at Mira, then Nash and gave them a small smile that said ‘give me a minute’. They nodded and left to wait just outside the classroom with Alec.