Chapter 36: To Risk or Not to Risk

Sorry for such a long wait my lovelies, but life gets in the way of writing at times. As some of you know I'm getting a divorce and just going through the beginning stages but have been completely uprooted and now reside in a different town than my kids and ex. So please enjoy this chap but bear with me in this troubled time. My writing will come as it comes. Thanks so much! 

And don't forget to comment & vote<3

**********************************

recap chap 35:

We both lay panting and begging for air. Our hearts were racing and our tired bodies slicked with sweat and bodily fluid. This was the moment I'd been waiting for for months.

I loved this girl completely, hopelessly, irrationally and making love to her was the most important thing that I'd done thus far. We were going to be together now. I was going to figure out a way to leave my wife and make a family with Jade, the baby and my son, or I was going to die trying.

**********************

Chapter 36: To Risk or Not to Risk

"We decided to give a secret relationship a try. We plan on seeing each other on the weekends and during the week if at all possible." I explained confidently through the phone. I watched Fenix wave me closer but I gave him a gesture to say 'just a minute'.

"I think that's the worst idea I've ever heard babycakes. You know what Soren will do if he finds out your officially together. And what about his wife? He's taking a very big risk by seeing you." Mira chimed in over the phone.

I heard a muffled sigh in the background which I assumed was Alec. I took it to mean that he wasn't happy with the plan either. But what were we to do when we loved each other and wanted to be together? I wasn't going to let Soren or anyone else stand in the way of that.

"I assume Alec is more than thrilled with the idea." I sputtered out sarcastically while rolling my eyes indignantly, not that he could see them.

"He's just under a lot of pressure. He's got some news to share when we all get back and... Ouch! What the hell was that for?" Mira shouted in the end. By then I knew it was Alec trying to keep her from letting out some secret.

"Look I'll be home later this afternoon and to make it up to you guys, I'll clean the entire apartment before the three of you get back." I offered in hopes that it would appease them and get them to lay off of Fenix and I for at least a few days.

"Okay fine, but I want my sheets washed and starched. No buts!" Mira demanded and I had to snicker at her obvious OCD. Everything must be washed and starched or it just isn't right.

"Yes master, as you wish." I replied with amusement. Seconds later we said our goodbyes and I headed for the car to endure the long ride home.

"Do you really think this will work? I mean there are a lot of things to consider." I questioned Fenix, with a bit more concern than he would have liked, according to his facial expression and heavy sigh.

"Hotness, let me go through this again. I love you and I want to be with you and the baby. I wouldn't have it any other way." He reached out just then and gripped my hand softly, rubbing his thumb across my tender flesh.