Chapter 19: Lie to Me

Okay, so I seriously thought I uploaded this already so... yeah, sorry!!

Please enjoy all that is Fenix & Jade =D

************************************************

Recap chap 18:

I knew they didn’t want me alone, especially after this latest Soren episode, but I needed time to myself to figure a few things out. Namely, what I was going to say or not say to Fenix the next time I saw him.

***********************************************

Chapter 19: Lie to Me

I wasn’t expecting that time to come so soon, but when I left the ICU and rounded the corner by the waiting room, my eyes fell upon the most sorrowful and gorgeous sight. Fenix was leaning back in a chair with his left arm thrown over his eyes, seeming to be in deep thought or sadden by some unknown event.

He was wearing jeans that fit him properly, tight in the thighs and ass no doubt, but loose everywhere else. His legs were splayed out in front of him carelessly as he lounged and rested his messy black mop against the hospital wall. His black v-neck tee had long sleeves that were pushed up over his elbows and fit him snugly. It was just enough to give off the presence of the godly muscles he had hidden underneath, but I knew they were there, even if no one else did.

I approached him cautiously, without really thinking about it. He looked so sexy, yet so upset at the same time. I wanted to comfort him, console him, but would it have been too forward, considering we weren’t really together and I had no idea why he was here in the first place?

Did I want to take my chances of getting closer to him, only to be pushed away again? Hell yes. I couldn’t walk away from him, not with him looking so pitifully sad right now. It didn’t matter how I was feeling or what I was going through, I knew he needed me and a part of me needed him as well.

As I sat myself in the very hard chair next to him, I noted the tattoo I had seen on his left forearm that resembled a Celtic cross. I studied it closer, for just a moment. It was beautiful, done in black and shades of grey with faint blue coloring. Underneath it, in the most intricate lettering, was scribed a single word. It was a name, Carver. I wondered who Carver was, and why he, because I doubted that it was a female name, was so important to Fenix that he had his name forever ingrained on his body.

“Hey bad boy.” I weakly stated, not wanting to startle him, but wanting him to be aware of my presence at the same time.

I was incredibly nervous as to how I would have been received by him. I was still fighting back the tears that challenged to overflow at the sight of him looking so broken and the remembrance of what had transpired earlier today. I was pleasantly surprised by his response as his eyes snapped open and stared into mine.

“Hey hotness, what are you doing here?” He questioned softly and used his special name for me, but I could see that his heart wasn’t in it. Did I want to tell him about Nash and this Soren mess? He seemed so upset and I didn’t want to burden him further so I decided to cover up my melancholy and go for casual and unaffected.

“Um it’s nothing, don’t worry about it.” I responded, tearing my eyes away from his hypnotic icy blue ones before he tricked me into admitting more than I was ready to, as was customary for him. He grabbed my face and gently turned it so I was once again staring at his inescapable eyes.