Chapter 21

Aspen: Alastor, is it true? Is Charlie pregnant with your child?

(Alastor kept his silence for a while, he finally broke his silence. Aspen and the rest of Charlie's family looked at Alastor. Charlie walked over towards him, held on his arm tightly as she was praying in her head.)

     (Alastor looked at Charlie, she nodded and he took a deep breath and spoke.)

     Alastor: yes, it's true. Charlie is expecting my offspring.

      (Their family were shock and had excitement. Alastor's mother hugged her son, and began to cry tears of joy. His brother's' wife then spoke.)

  Lily: We can stay with you two, but just until the child is born. Since this is your first time excepting your offspring.

   (Charlie and Alastor were Charlie confused at first. Alastor shook his head and spoke to them.)

Alastor; I think we'll mange. We do have young siblings so, I'm pretty sure know what might happen.

Lily: okay, Alastor.
—————————————————————

    (Six months now passed for the couple. Things between the couple have been difficult, but they managed. So far. One day, when Alastor came back home from work. He saw Charlie and Beetlejuice, still living with them, in the kitchen cooking dinner.)

Alastor: Bonjour mon amor. Comment 'était ta journée?

(Charlie jumped a little, to hear her husband's voice. She turned around to see him, she smiled and responded with.)

Charlie: C'était pas mal. But you, my dear are full of surprises. I didn't know that you spoke French.

(Alastor laughed a bit, then walked towards her. He gave her a kiss on her forehead, and kept a smirk on his face.)

Alastor: Well, my dear doe, my mother's side of my family came from France. While my father's side came from Great Britain. My father was born and raised in America.

(Beetlejuice then cleared his throat. Alastor had totally forgot that he was still with them.)

Alastor: When you going to leave our home, my dearest friend?

Beetlejuice: Don't worry, Al. They said that they only have three months left to finish it. In the meantime, I would continue helping Charlie with chores.

(Alastor chuckled at his friend, then looked back at his wife. Charlie smiled at him, then hugged him.)

Alastor: So, any problems due to the baby, today?

(Charlie thought extremely hard for a second. Then she nodded and spoke.)

Charlie: I felt a little kick when Beetlejuice was helping me clean the dishes earlier today.

(Charlie's eye lit up with joy. Alastor smiled with excitement, then kissed her lips. Beetlejuice face palmed himself, then walked out of the kitchen.)

Alastor: I love you, my darling doe.

Charlie: I love you more, my handsome husband. Thank you for this, my buck.

Just wanted to remind you the year in the story now. It's 1924

Words: 466