J

5 years ago...

"Nene chan, let's go-"

Yashiro:"And if you're gonna be mean to Amane, you gotta go through me first!"
She was fuming, her face puffed up and her finger pointing straight and sharp.

Of course, they couldn't be asked to keep arguing so they just called her crazy.
Which she clearly is.
And then they stormed away.

For some reason she was willing to have her pigtails pulled over me when earlier on she'd be boasting and proud about the fact that her mama did them for her.

"Let's go."
I put my hand out and she took it still fuming.
When we got to the swing set, she began to cry which I knew would happen since this was a constant routine.

"Hey, what's wrong? You just went and gave them a piece of you and now look at you. Stupid. That's why I said we should ignore them." I flicked her on the head and she started to bawl louder and honestly, I had no idea what to say. A weirdo is never comforted in a normal way. Being best friends, I still had no clue how to go about it.

"Nene chan?"

Yashiro:"They were being so mean!"

"Ah...well it didn't bother me that much."

Yashiro:"Amane you're so perfect and they were being so mean!"

"I wouldn't say perfect-"

Yashiro:"You're perfect to me."

"Here."
I put my arms out and she jumped into them.
Giving her hugs back then was enough I suppose.
...
Present time~

Yashiro:"What are you thinking about, my love? Ouch!" She leans but I quickly flick her head. It seems that sitting next to each-other on the coach is not gonna be a one time thing.

"Trying to think about when life was peaceful, though, I'm failing to and I'm in danger being next to you. Natsuhiko senpai, can we change seats?"

Yashiro:"How cruel!"
Himari peeks over from in front of us, ducking to ensure that she's not at risk of being scolded.

Himari:"Nene chan, that-?"
She points to the small fancy container in her hand.

Yashiro:"It's a lip moisturiser! Want some? It's cherry flavoured. I've got hundreds yet this is my favourite."

Himari:"M-mhm I got the same one!"

Yashiro:"You...do?"

She shows the same container in a different colour.
Himari:"Though it's orange."

Yashiro:"E-Ehh? It looks like we have the same tast- actually no."
Covering her mouth, she shakes her head and changes her choice of words.
"Same style? No what's the word?"

Himari:"Eh? I wouldn't describe it as style. Nene chan, why can't you just say taste-"

Yashiro:"Th-then same love for certain objects!"
Her eyes squint as she stutters.
"Not taste! Certainly not taste."

"What a weirdo."
I say under my breath, Himari giving a small, awkward laugh out of pure confusion.
Same Himari, same.

Don't question it.
...
If I were to question this creep for the reason she acts, it'd backfire and end up with me blushing.
...
Himari:"Now that you mention it, Amane, which do you prefer, cherries or oranges? I gave you orange juice, right? So for next time-"