Ƭ

Have EXTRA fun reading! NOT THE LAST CHAP BTW
...

"Hmm. And that means..."
Biting the tip of my pen, I shake my head.

"Wrong. This is all wrong."
I sigh.
Why has this turned into a dang mystery?
...
It's been two weeks since Mrs Yashiro arrived-she's been staying in the guest room and her and mom have been talking non-stop.

I guess it's understandable if you're seeing a good friend after so long.

She should be leaving next Wednesday for work again.

And though It feels weird seeing her after all this time, what's weirder is the way Yashiro has been acting and even myself.
...
"Ahhh. Mou!"
Hitting my forehead with my palm, I turn my head as someone knocks from the corner of the door.

Mrs Yashiro:"I was gonna tell ya that your Mom was asking if you wanted to eat now or later but, why are you beating yourself up?"

"Oh. Well something sort of happened."

Mrs Yashiro:"Wanna talk about it?"

I don't think she'd understand at all.

"I would but, I don't think it's something you'd be able to relate to if I'm being honest."

Mrs Yashiro:"Shoot and I'll listen."
She says slapping her hands together and taking a seat at my desk waiting attentively.

She's too curious for her own good.

"Then it's just, lately a person I know has been acting differently from usual and I'm not sure what the reason for it is."

Mrs Yashiro:"I see."

"I think that they may have also taken something that was mine but I'm not sure how to ask them about it or whether I'm right or not."

Mrs Yashiro:"I say just ask straight up! If they're you're friend, they wouldn't take it personally, right?"

"Ah."
But course she'd say that-she's always straightforward, even with someone as important as her boss.

Mrs Yashiro:"So what's the other thing?"

"Eh?"

Mrs Yashiro:"I can tell there's more than one thing you're troubled about."

"Well let's just say I feel like I can't confront the person we're talking about."

I mumble.

"It's complicated. I've been avoiding them because I feel annoyed when they're around."

Mrs Yashiro:"Are you sure you're not annoyed at yourself?"

"Huh?"

Mrs Yashiro:"Well dear, lets say there could be a very different reason you feel annoyed- maybe there's something you just can't ignore anymore even though you're trying hard to."

"Something I can't ignore? Like what?"

Mrs Yashiro:"I think you'll have to figure it out yourself after all, I can tell you're not giving me all the deets unless..."
She smiles interestedly.

"I can't do that."

Mrs Yashiro:"Why?"
...
Because it's your daughter I'm talking about.

I don't need anymore misunderstandings besides, the struggles of dreams like that as a teenage boy is something to keep between myself and taking a cold shower.
...
My face reddens.

"I-I can't tell you why either."

Mrs Yashiro:"Alright, alright I won't push."

"Thanks."