Prologue.

(Again with the theme.)

Kevin's POV.

Greetings. My name is Kevin Lee. A Former Commander of the New Phoenix Project, Former Draftee in Vietnam, and a Former Soldier in the US... I was an average student, in Vietnam from 6 to 16. Not a best student, a middle school dropout. Suddenly, the PLA attacked and I was drafted to fight in the PAVN, for my Country. My people fought hard and wide, but it was not enough, they took Vietnam with a heavy casualties. After I've been rescued by the US Army, I joined the US Army at 18. To fight against the PLA and helped the Anti China Coalition.

Luckily, I was not alone. Richard Mitchell, Former US Armymen, and a US National Guard, helped me to learn about the US military and fight back. Michael Visscher, A German born, Ex-FBI and Private Agent, taught me the some CQC technique, marksmanship and using a Saber. And finally, Darriel Shaw, sure he's a person of color, but he's a Police Officer, from the UK. Taught me with using a Anti Riot shield with a stun baton. Hell, even with a Combat Axe and a short shotgun or pistol! That Explosion-loving son of a bitch...

A/N: Michael's and Darriel's parents migrated to the US.

After the event of the War for Earth, I was branded as a hero. Fathers of the Commanders. People wanted me to continue to be the Commander of the New Phoenix Project or even as an Emperor of Earth, but I resigned. And left to Singapore, to live as a bartender, just wanted to be a nobody.

But when some guy told me about the Azur Lane Remastered. It does sound quite a bit familiar... I decided to give it a shot and install the game on my Phone and then suddenly I got warped to this Azur Lane World. I sawed shipgirls and now I've became a Commander, or I should say de facto Commander with a ton of paperworks that I have to do.

I choose Laffey, because she reminds my past a bit, Unstoppable. I mostly got Eagle Union and some Royal Navy shipgirls for some strange reason and sent them to do commissions, which reminded me about Side Ops. Operations that the New Phoenix Project used to task me before.

I decided to clean the room, since both dusty as hell and haven't sweep it for weeks...

(You can stop the theme here, use your own theme or none at all.)

After cleaning the room for a while, I stopped and look at my uniform... It makes me miss the old one. I should change it back with the old one (Diamond Dogs default uniform). I then saw Laffey and Long Island passing by since, you know. I left the door open. Long Island's eyes is somewhat blue, but lighter and a long brown hair she wears some kind of uniform and no pants? She's kind of reminds me of that gay nutjob, Petty Officer Dingleberry... Then, I noticed Laffey sleeping on the entrance of my dorm.

 Then, I noticed Laffey sleeping on the entrance of my dorm

Long Island: Cleaning up, Commander?

Kevin: I suppose so. What's wrong?

Long Island: Nothing yet, Commander. I just wanted to see if I could help in anyway.

Kevin: No need, but, I wonder why Laffey is sleeping on the entrance of my dorm by the way?

Long Island: Oh, don't worry about her.

She said her goodbyes and left. I returned back to my office. It was two weeks... Say... how many cubes did I use? Maybe a lot...

I have no idea to pick who would be my Secretary, because I don't trust many of them... yet. But then I feel a light tap on my left shoulder, I turned around and it appeared to be a female with black ponytail with a white bow tie that tied her hair and a snowy white uniform with some gold.

Kevin: Can I help you?

???: Are you the Commander?

Kevin: You're looking in front of him. And Yes, I'm the Commander.

Kevin's Mind: More like a De Facto Commander...

???: Oh, sorry. I should have assumed. Anyways, my name is Takao, the first ship of the Takao-Class Heavy Cruiser. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Kevin: It's a pleasure to meet you too. I'm Kevin Lee, or Kevin, for a quick call, I'm not sure about being a Commander of the Azur Lane...

Takao: I understand, Kevin.

I started to trust Takao as if she is a friend. I started to hang out with her more often, back at school, I never has a crush, nor a girlfriend. Takao and I was able to become friends, which is a first time for me to have a friend, who's a girl. Though I don't mind it much, we hanged out at the Office, I told her about my world and about that I used to be the Commander of the New Phoenix Project. But I told her to keep it in an absolute secret. When Long Island, Enterprise and Cleveland would question my relationship with Takao. I simply told them, "Even though you and many others could be trustworthy, I find Takao, better trusted."

One day, after a clearing mission, I suddenly got an strange item, yet it looks... familiar.

A ring in a case

A ring in a case. I was planning to sell it to the Pawn Shop, but it's very unlikely. Due the game... Not wanted to take too much risk, I decided to ask Takao and then buy a small safe.

*knocking*

Kevin: Takao, are you in there?

Takao opened the door.

Takao: Oh, Kevin. What is it?

I reached to my pocket and pulled out to show her the wedding ring, both her and I are concerned.

Kevin: This. I got it from some strange mission.

Takao: Was it today?

Kevin: Yeah, it's recent. I don't know why though...

Takao: Well, that's odd, but can you put it away and hide it?

Kevin: I was planning to buy a small safe. None of the stores in here buys one, I suppose my world do buy safes.

Takao: Good idea, but it worries me that someone could catch you with that and propose to you, even though you barely met them. Also, I'm not ready for marriage.

Kevin: You and me, Takao. I suppose we have something in common.

Takao: Just do what you need and watch your surroundings. I have some work to do.

Kevin: Goodbye, Takao.

I closed Takao's door, leave the ring on the table and brought a small safe, hide it in the cupboard with the ring inside of the safe. But whatever it is... Something tells me that I need to grab some weapons...