4

Ever

The one guard reminded me of Raphael from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with the scar on the right side of his upper lip. Jerry (or the Raphael remindy) might look scary but really he is just a big softy. Every time he is on duty he plays cards with all the rogues.

In the last three days, two more rogues showed up, a young boy by the name of Justin and a young girl by the name of Alice. They were both around ten and the only survivors after their pack was attacked. The pack doctors had taken care of their wounds and come in once a day in order to treat the wounds of all the rogues including myself. The wounds on my back have not healed completely and hurt with too much movement.

"You wounds have to be cleaned regularly, or the wounds will become infected before the wolves bane has left your system," Emily told me, cleaning my wounds.

I nod, staying silent. My back has been burning all day and it is really starting to bother me.

"The Alpha should be returning in a couple of days," she says and begins wrapping my wounds. "He will be asking everyone questions and determine if you are allowed to stay. But trust me if you tell the truth you will be allowed to stay."

"Okay," I whisper. She finishes and moves onto the other rogues.

Emily treats everyone as if they are her own children. I'm guessing it is because she doesn't want anyone else to lose a child like she did. My heart goes out to her. I personally don't know how it would feel to lose a child but I know the pain of losing someone I love.

I lay down on my back and whimper as my back spasms in pain.

Bryson

I groan as my back spasms in pain. It has been hurting me all day and I was beginning to get very irritated. I was arriving in the Red Sun Pack's territory. Every so many month I travel around to pack and see if the peace treaty is still in order. I've made a peace treaty with most of the packs in North America. I think most of them signed it because they were scared of what would happen if they did not.

"Logan, how is the pack doing?" I mind link him.

"Bry really chill the pack is doing fine. We have had five rogue enter the territory so far," he replies. "Three rogues are in the range of age to make good warriors. The other two are just around the age of ten."

"Ten years old," I say shocked. What were ten year old doing trespassing on another pack's land?

"Yeah, they say their pack was attacked and they were the only survivors," he says and I know that he is feeling bad for them. Logan was always was a softy he felt bad for the rogues, even after some killed his sister.

A wave of sadness washed over me when I thought of Logan's sister. She was three when she was killed. I was six. I remember her chocolate brown hair and piercing green eyes. I remember giving her piggy back rides. The summer days where she would want to go swimming but be too scared to go swimming until I was in the pool. I remember my mate as if she was still alive. I remember my Everett.

"Hey man, don't be thinking about that right now, you have to focus on the meeting with the Red Sun Pack," Logan says.

"Yeah, I know," I whisper and block him out. I need sometime to myself.

I was both unlucky and lucky to find my mate at such a young age. I was lucky because I had more time to be with my mate then other people do. But unlucky because due to her death.

The day the rogues attacked I was with my father and was away at another pack. My mother had mind linked my father in a panic and we rushed home. But by the time we got there the rogues were gone and Logan and his parents were devastated. No one was able to find Everett. Her body was never found. Even at the age of six I was heartbroken and still am. My wolf and I still yearn for our mate.