32

Everett

"Tiffany," I say, my voice on the border line of shock and anguish.

How could she do this to Bryson and me? How could she do this to our pack?

"Everett," she chuckles and walks up to me, gripping my chin.

"How could you do this? How could you do this to the pack? How could you betray us?" I begin to whisper but end up screaming.

I yank on my chains trying to get closer to her. But it's no use she just laughs and shakes her head before whipping my head to the side with a toss of the hand.

I can feel my wolf try to take over but I know if she takes over forcefully it will put our pup in danger. I can't allow it I won't allow it.

'Ari, you can't do this. Our pup. Think about our pup. You're putting him/her in danger,' I plead with her.

She doesn't say anything but scoots into the back of my mind. Swirling around protectively. Our main priority is to protect our pup.

"Everett you're a stupid naive girl," Tiffany says, smirking dangerously. I'm about to interrupt her when she continues. "You should have let Bryson kick me out of the pack that day at the barbecue. You would have never been kidnapped this early if I was not in the pack."

I'm left speechless. I don't know what to say to her. Am I supposed to say that I cared enough about a fellow pack member as to not allow her to be kicked out over the bringing up of past memories? No I can't say that. They use it against me. They'll use the pack against me.

"Aww poor sweet Everett, you still don't understand. I was the one who told the Red Sun Pack about you being pregnant," a gasp escapes my lips and I struggle against the chains.

"Why? Why would you do this?" I ask looking up at her.

Greg stood behind her smirking. His eyes raked over her body and then over mine. I shuddered in disgust as I see him lick his lips, his smirk growing.

"Because you stole something from me. You stole Bryson from me," she replies with a humourless laugh. "After all these years all he ever thought about, talked about, was his long lost mate. A girl named Everett who disappeared during a rogue attack. I comforted him. I vowed that I would be his second chance mate."

"Bryson wasn't yours and he will never be yours. I won't allow it," I growl and launch towards only earning a sting in the wrists.

"Shut up," Greg snarled, his fist coming in contact with my cheek. Stinging pain exploded in my cheeks and I reached up to clutch my cheek.

"Baby, wait until I'm finished. Then you can have your fun with her," Tiffany says squeezing his arm. Greg nods and steps back.

"Soon after your memories returned I had been for a run when I bumped into Greg and discovered that he was my mate," a gasp escaped from my lips. "We both knew we didn't have feelings for each other. We both wanted someone else-"

"How could you say that? Mates are a precious thing. You're supposed to cherish them and love them," I exclaim in anger before I could stop myself.

It made me angry because I was stolen from my mate when I was young. And my memories as well. All those years. All the time we lost. And these people in front of me were mates. They didn't care that they were connected to each other in the most sacred bond. They only cared about getting what they want. Someone else's mate.

A slap to my face and a hand gripping my throat brings me back to reality. Tiffany's long nails bite into my neck and I'm sure they will puncture if she presses any harder.