25

Bryson

I remember hearing Everett cry and scream my name before everything went black.

I felt bad, no worse than bad, there is no word to describe the way I feel for leaving her. And just when we were beginning our family. I had promised Alice and Justin that I wouldn't leave them, I promised Everett we would be together forever and I broke those promises.

I didn't know where I am or how I am. Am I dead? Am I alive and just dreaming? My head felt empty and I knew my wolf wasn't in my head anymore. I must be dead.

I shake away my thought of me being dead, try to accept the thought, and take in my surroundings. The forest surrounds me. I'm in mine and Everett's spot. The pond glitters in the what, I think is sunset and the waterfall falls steadily. I can almost see me and Everett sitting underneath the tree eating spaghetti and garlic bread. It makes my heart hurt.

I walk around and see movements along the trees. A dark blonde wolf comes into the clearing. Its eyes an astonishing light grey. I shook its head at me and then shook it in the direction behind him.

"You want me to follow you?" I ask more than say.

It nods his head and begins walking. I jog to catch up and follow it into the dense and growing denser forest. My head swarms with confusion but I continue to follow the wolf. What do I have to lose, right? I'm already dead, I think.

The wolf leads me to a clearing. A women around Everett's age stands in the center. She's wearing a silver dress the colour of moon light. The wolf goes behind a tree and shifts. A young man comes out in a black guard uniform. The women turns and looks at me. She smiles sadly and walks over to me.

"Bryson, I know you must be confused with everything that is happening but first let me introduce myself. My name is Lunette, and this is my personal guard Anil," she waves her hand at the male in the guard uniform.

"You're the moon goddess," I say shock overwhelming me.

"Yes, I am," she says with a giggle.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, your grace," I say bow. I am standing in front of the person that everyone in the werewolf community worships. I must be dead. Legends say that when you die the moon goddess comes to see you off.

"No, no I don't like people bowing," she says and chuckles.

"Why am I here?" I ask.

"Well let me begin from the beginning," she says and continues when I nod. "Your mate was kidnapped at a very young age. During that time I watched over her to make sure she was safe, for the most part. Your mate is wanted by many people. Do you know the reason why?"

"No, all I know is that she is part of a prophecy thing," I say.

"That is somewhat true. Her will is unbelievable strong. This point is that everyone that wants her has either the reason that they want their pack to have a strong Luna or the devious reason of wanting the pleasure of breaking her will," a growl slips through my lips at this. "I know it is disgusting. But when Everett ran away from the Red Sun Pack and back to the Midnight Pack I knew her will was stronger than even I thought. I induced dreams into her mind so she remembered you, her family, and your pack."

"What does this have to do with anything?" I ask. Anil growls a warning at me.

"Anil calm, he is just anxious to hear about his mate," she places a hand on his arm. Calming him instantly. They seemed to be like mates. Supporting each other. But it is said the moon goddess cannot have a mate. "Jackson and Cornelia of the Red Sun Pack arrived at your pack and now Alpha John and his son have gone into a frenzy. They have begun to kill packs in order to become stronger. I know Everett wanted you to keep the peace treaty with Red Sun because she was worried what would happen to the children, but your peace treaty will not stop them from what they are planning."