12

Ever (Everett)

My veins flowed with icy blood, like icicles scrapping along my insides. It burned. My stomach clenched and I felt a wave of nausea flood over me. Tears blurred my vision as I let my supper onto the floor. Bryson just held my hair and rubbed my back. The words on the wall were still visible.

YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!!

It was Alpha John I knew it, he was coming after me. I knew it. He managed to get someone onto Midnight Pack's property and into mine, or well Bryson's, room and write the message. I just remember opening my eyes and Bryson not being beside me and when I turned my head to the right those words were the only thing I could see.

"Everett, Everett, EVERETT," I heard Bryson yell trying to get my attention. He was grasping my shoulders lightly and shaking them lightly.

"He's coming after me," I whisper, tears stream down my cheeks.

"Everett I promise you nothing is going to harm you in any way, shape, or form," he says, hugging me tightly.

I just whimper. I know that everyone I love is in danger. I know that they would do anything to keep me safe, including putting their lives on the line. I knew there was only one thing that I could do in order to protect everyone I love.

"Bryson, I have to leave," I whisper. "In order to protect you and Mom and Dad and Logan and everyone else."

Bryson growled and I knew his wolf was coming out. "You are not leaving me! I just got you back!" his wolf growled out.

"Please Legend, you have to know that everyone in your pack is in danger because of me. In order to protect the pack I have to leave," I say, trying to reason with him. I have to protect my pack, my family.

"No Everett, I will not let you leave if I have to chain you to the bed I will. I will not lose you again. After over ten year of my mate being gone, I will not lose you again!" he yells.

I just kept silent. Not responding, not looking at him. I don't know what to do. Stay and in danger everybody or leave and save everyone. I want to stay with my family, with my mate but I want to save them too.

"Everett look at me," I hear my Bryson. I did as I was told. "I will not let them hurt you. I will not let them take you away from me again."

"Do you promise?" I ask, the words shined on the walls, from the corner of my eye and I had the urge to look at them again but I resisted it.

"I promise with my life," Bryson says and lift my hand to his heart do I can feel it thumb beneath my fingers. I know he is telling the truth.

"Okay," I whisper and lay my head on his chest.

I know that it is going to be dangerous, I know that if anybody dies, it will be my fault. I know I would be weighed down with guilt but I just got my mate back and we are going to be together. I see the words again and I cringe away.

"We are getting out of this room," Bryson said and stood up and grabbed a suitcase and walking over to his dresser that sat adjacent from his bed.

"Bryson I'm sorry for causing so much trouble," I say, reaching up and grabbing the necklace that sat against my chest like it was my life support.

"Everett, my little one, there is nothing that you need to be sorry about," he says, coming over to me and kissing my forehead.

I blushed at the name and nodded. He chuckled softly and finished packing some clothes.

"We are going to be sleeping in the room you were staying in," Bryson says.

I stand up, but my legs give out from under me. Bryson catches me before I smashed into the hardwood floor.