24

Everett

The rogues, about ten to twelve wolves, have us surrounded. Bryson growls and stands up. I stand up and pull Alice and Justin in between Bryson and me. I feel them shake and I know they are having flashbacks of when their pack was destroyed. I could feel my knees shaking and my stomach clench.

"Rogues what are you doing on Midnight Pack territory?" Bryson's powerful voice rang through the clearing. So powerful I felt the urge to submit to him.

Growls just rang around us. Alice whimpered and held onto Justin. He held her close covering her from some of the wolves few. Some of them had wolfish grins on their faces. It makes feel sick that they take pleasure in frightening and killing people.

A wolf lunges to my left but Bryson is shifted and attacking that wolf before it can reach me. Alice screams as she sees her dad being attacked I need to get them out of here. Her eyes hold terror and she stands still her body rigid. She's in shock.

"Justin shift and run with Alice," I yell over the growls. "Now!"

In seconds Justin is shifted and I place Alice on his back. In a flash he is heading towards the pack house where I already see other pack member coming out and heading towards us. I shift and attack a wolf when it lunges at me. I see Bryson fighting three wolves and run to help him but two wolves block my path. I see Bryson has many bite wounds and a jagged gash on his side. Blood coats his fur.

'Everett run! I don't want you getting hurt!' Bryson yells through our bond, his voice thick with worry and determination.

'I am not leaving you. Not now. Not ever!' I yell back and swipe my claws across a rogues face.

More wolves are joining us and the rogues are quickly being defeated. Two rogues are left and I hear Bryson growl. They are badly wounded and when they shift you can see the extent of their wounds.

The female is as thin as a twig, ribs popping out against the skin. She has a bad gash on her forehead, her left leg is ripped open and a large bite wound marks her side. The male isn't any better. His right angle is bent as a weird angle, his arms are marred with gashes, and one rib sticks out more against his skin then the rest. But even in their condition they held ugly sneers on their faces.

Bryson shifts and tugs on shorts a pack member hands to him. I see the extent of his injuries. Deep cuts line his back and I see the a bit mark on his shoulders and side. A growl slip through my mouth and I run over to his side. I lick his side trying to heal the wounds that leaked a heavy stream of blood on the ground.

'I'm okay little one,' he smiles over his shoulder at me and places his hand on my head.

'No you're not. You're hurt!' I growl at the two rogues when I gear them chuckle.

"Who sent you here? No rogue in their right mind would attack this pack," Bryson says to the rogues.

"Well, Alpha Bryson I see that your mate has returned to you," the girl sneers.

Bryson steps in front of me. "Who sent you?"

"I'll just let you know, someone from your pack is responsible," the guy sneers before both shift and take off towards the edge of our territory.

I start to run after them but I hear a thump and turn to see Bryson laying on the ground, an expanding pool of blood around him. I have never run so fast in my life but everything seemed to go in slow motion. I shifted and pulled his head into my lap. Not caring that everyone was seeing me naked.

"You're going to be okay. You're not going anywhere," I say and brush his hair away from his eyes.

"I don't like all these males looking at you," he says and coughs. His chest has claw like stabs.