ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

≫≫∘❁♥❁∘≪≪▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

                            ≫≫∘❁♥❁∘≪≪
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

    It was just another night in the Moriarty Manor. Crickets chirped in the long grass that needed trimming and the sound of tea being made was evident. A knock on the door alerted the current residences or better known as the Moriarty Brothers. The youngest out of the three, Louis, went to go fetch whoever it was but when he got there, he was in for a surprise. What seemed to be a newsboy, that was no older than his friend Fred, greeted him with a sharp-toothed smile. They had [Eye Color] eyes that sparkled with the lights that was coming from the house.

    "Pardon me sir for coming to knock at your door this late but I have a delivery for William James Moriarty? Perhaps you know him?" 

    Louis could sense the slight sarcasm in their words and tone but sighed and nodded at the question. When he further opened the door to invite the newsboy in, he saw what they dressed in. A white shirt with some overalls, a light brown pants and some dress shoes. A weird combination but they pulled of the trick when going anywhere. The [Hair Color] haired cleared their throat before calling out Louis' brother. 

    "Hey Mr. William? I got your 'newspapers'!" 

    The way they said 'newspapers' was in a tone of uncertainty, like they were trying to cover up something by substituting it for another word. Footsteps from said William got louder as the man himself appeared from the current study room he was just in. A smile on his face as he stared down at the shorter individual. In return, the [Eye Color] eyed shot him a grin as the blonde motioned for them to follow him. Louis speed walked towards his brother and asked him who the minor behind them was. 

    "Them? They are a new addition to the cause, unlike Fred who does most of our stealth jobs, they are going to be shone in public. Rumors and all that will be beneficial, isn't that right Louis?" 

    He could only nod in response to the answer he was given but he couldn't shake off the feeling that they would play a bigger part in this than his brother seemed to say. It wasn't just any day for a stranger much less someone who didn't belong to the noble group to one night show up at their doorstep. When the three ended up in the dining hall, Albert, the oldest of the three brothers was already there waiting. Louis could only imagine why this was happening in such a short amount of time. 

                            ≫≫∘❁♥❁∘≪≪
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

    The ticking and tocking from the clock was the only noise that was in the dining room, aside from the loud crunches that the newsboy made when eating the dinner. They looked like they haven't eaten anything from this caliber and this was the food they got was actually just around the corner at a farmer's market. William and Albert just seemed to ignore the loud noises but Louis was kind of annoyed. 

    "Now, little [Last Name] I know it's been a while since you had a good meal but there are things we need to talk about," 

    William perked up at the younger, his signature grin coming on again. [Name] chewed slowly as they stared the blonde in the eye. They swallowed and muttered a quick apology before wiping their mouth. 

     "Right! So from what I've gathered through my fellow newsboys and of course the newspaper was that there was a noble who rejected to help a husband and wife that had a sick child! Truly a tragedy but it made us a pretty penny about that,"

    They stated as they took a piece of bread, broke it, then proceeded to crunch on it. They didn't really have any manners brought to the table (pun intended), and seemed to lack hygiene. The oldest Moriarty perked up his eyebrow as his green eyes searched for any sort of lie. Luckily it was the honest truth and there was barely any ill intent. In all honesty, Albert felt a little bad for another kid getting involved in the business but they were serving his cause so he had no room to complain. 

                            ≫≫∘❁♥❁∘≪≪
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

     [Name] was once again sitting on a stone wall, humming a tune as their flat cap blew with the oncoming breeze. A pretty penny was placed in their pockets as one of their fellow coworkers past by on a bicycle, an invention that was somewhat newish. Life could actually work this way. A pretty penny would always be in the pocket of the newsboys as the recent crimes has sparked it's way all throughout town. The noble was seemingly poisoned and it made a good article. The [Hair Color] haired had some great expectations onto what was going to happen tomorrow and the day afterwards. 

    No one would suspect the writer who wrote about the crime to really be a witness and accomplice right? Especially a young kid who's only job is to deliver newspapers. [Name] hadn't noticed but they took a habit of also mimicking Mr. Moriarty's smirk. It was just supposedly another night, a normal night, then it wasn't but people adapt to the situations they're in and that night once again becomes the same old night as every other. A new murder appeared and [Name] was the first one to deliver it out to the public. Just a little paper person.