40.

After Taehyun left the house to go to school, Jiyeon dressed up unremarkably and met up with Taeil and Jungwoo.

Jiyeon met them in a restaurant and their eyes lightened up as soon as they saw her enter. Jiyeon went to them and gave them a hug.

Taeil: "How have you been?"

Jiyeon: "I'm good now. Are you guys still in contact with SKZ?"

Jungwoo: "We are. Apparently Mark told us..."

He leaned in a little closer and mumbled.

Jungwoo: "That Minho is getting married to Chaeri. Mark is invited to their wedding but we aren't."

Jiyeon: "And how could Minho agree to that?"

Taeil: "There was an agreement in the contract. Minho's parents signed them years ago and they used Mark as a decoy. You would get harmed if he refused Jiyeon. Minho and the rest of SKZ were trying to protect you all along."

Jiyeon's heart ached. SKZ were helpless everything made complete sense.

Jungwoo: "Are you...planning something?"

Jiyeon: "I can't just leave it like this now can I? You guys will support me in this right?"

Taeil: "Of course we will! But what do you have in mind?"

Jiyeon hesitated to answer. She cursed in her mind as she thought of it.

Jiyeon: "I don't know yet. But I'll think of something."

-

Jiyeon was walking on her way home and was passing by a narrow hallway. Without her noticing at first, she was being followed.

Thanks to her adroitness, Jiyeon immedately got aware of it and side-eye-glaced without slowing down her pace to seem oblivious.

Jiyeon disappeared behind the building as she took a sharp turn. The man was about take the same turn when he was attacked and pressed against the wall by Jiyeon, her wrist against his neck.

Jiyeon: "Who are you?!"

???: "Wait hold up it's me! Do you remember?"

His hat was in the way and it was blocking a part of his face so Jiyeon took it away.

Jiyeon: "Wait....Baekon?"

Jiyeon released his neck and he coughed while caressing the spot that Jiyeon has roughly stroke against.

Baekhyun: "It's....Baekhyun."

Jiyeon: "Why are you here? And how did you know I was here?"

Baekhyun: "In case you forgot, I'm a mafia too. And I wanted to inform you something."

Jiyeon: "What is that something so important for you to inform me?"

Jiyeon crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. Somehow her impression on his changed after she heard about the incident between him and Minho.

Baekhyun: "Listen carefully. Chaeri is still planning to terminate you."

Jiyeon: "What?"