17 ɤ Secrets (BWWM) 📋

-TRUTH & LIES-

PRESENT

Avoiding her humble abode only went so far before the aches and pains in her muscles encouraged Honor to seek out the relaxation she found in one place and one place only.

As she unlocked the door to a house in which she rarely slept, the same feelings of loneliness and isolation greeted her just on the other side of the door. No longer possessing the willpower to fight the looming emotions, she allowed visions of her body soaking in the old-school claw foot tub to overpower her fear of isolation long enough for her to consider taking a nice long bath.

Her next move was simple.

Allowing herself to daydream a bit, she focused her thoughts on the idea of sleeping as much of the day away as humanly possible.

With plans carefully laid out to prevent any further meanderings regarding a certain handsome devil, Honor turned to close her door and engage the lock.

When she came to a stop in the bathroom, the young woman flicked on the light switch and headed straight for the tub. It took no time at all for the water to heat up to a point that it was almost unbearable, but Honor smiled instead of balking at the heat.

Nothing else concerned her more than the prospect of sliding down into the stinging depths of the pool as it invited her to lose herself in its embrace.

Honor recalled entering the bathroom but she held no recollection of when she removed the constricting pieces of fabric from her body or how she managed to sink below the water's surface. Her mind ceased its running from the unwanted affections of a certain relentless psychopath long enough to succumb to the bubbles as they hovered just above her on the water's surface and lifted themselves in favor of exploring the confines of the room.

Life held new meaning when all of her cares seeped from her pores to be captured by thin shimmery iridescent hollow soap spheres that propelled themselves out of the tub. The lively balls of energy took wings only to lose momentum once they collided against a seen or invisible force. Scenes of bubble flight captivated her attention for some time until her eyelids began to bounce off of one another.

In truth, Honor hated being home alone. The silence in her place was always unwelcome. Much of her time spent in New Orleans allowed her to develop a tolerance for more than she was afforded for most of her life. Lively music coupled with the all-time best food left her adequately fed and happily stimulated by her interactions with the colorful residents of her newfound home. Friends often made Honor laugh so hard with their vibrant conversations that she noted how easy it was to find herself in danger of wetting her pants during laughing sessions.

The friendship and camaraderie she'd gained from working with some of the most entertaining people she'd ever met managed to transform her ho-hum life. She lived for every bit of it.

Even though Honor delighted in her newfound freedom in the Crescent City, she l Rey acknowledged that it was time to gift herself a bit of peace and quiet.

Honor had spent much of her existence alone.

Sure, she had friends when she was finally allowed to attend regular school, but as a child, it was always Honor, her mom, her dad, and her nanny.

Her parents were the most intriguing people she had come to know throughout her childhood. However, as much as she enjoyed time spent with them, her parents were often away at work while she was left in the care of the elderly woman who'd been employed to raise her.

In truth, thinking back as far as she could remember, there wasn't a time that her nanny wasn't present in her life. Mrs. McNeilly was the embodiment of the vision of a sweet old granny. She treated Honor as if the young one was her very own child. For all of the doting the nanny shared with the child, Honor knew it was impossible for the old woman to be her grandma because she was as white as any of the other people who worked for her parents.