20 ɤ Contrition (BWWM) 📋

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

She wasn't a fool by far. 

Though she should've been thankful that her life was spared, Petra had put too much into her relationship with Hiro to give him up so easily.

The things he had done to her from their first meeting until he had her thrown out of his home were inhumane. 

Hiro was a sadist. He treated her skin and her flesh as if it were a canvas for him to draw as much as he could imagine. Because he took a liking to seeing her skin marred, she had begun placing carefully selected tattoos over the marks to cover up his work. Should anyone else look at the ink, the only conversation that would be had was concerning how detailed the tattoos were. That individual would never know that her ink hid the scars left behind after her man decided he wanted to inflict punishment on her perfectly pale skin. 

The pain and the ink were fine in her book because his money was enough to keep her comfortable after he suffered from the unsolved yet gruesome death. 

Petra always figured no one would look in her direction if her man suddenly died. Since Hiro had an innumerable horde of enemies, she worked to keep herself out of the gossip columns so no one would be able to question her role in anything dealing with Hiro's demise. The police would write it off as a gangland murder and one of the most notorious mafia bosses would meet a deserving end.

The more she considered her plans, the more she pumped herself up to believe that she was doing the public a service by preparing to take the killer out of commission. Who would miss his ass anyway except for his mother and sister. The old woman had enough money and family to ease her suffering so she would be fine no matter what happened to the evil son she had the audacity to birth into the world.

Often, Petra would smirk at the old woman and her sister-in-law to be. 

In all honesty, she hated Hiro's family. 

They acted like they were so perfect and innocent when they damn well that their protector was a murderer. Hiro was stupid enough to believe that he had shielded them from his lifestyle, but they knew. She absolutely despised both of them for gawking at her whenever she did something they considered to be 'low-class'. At times, she wished them dead when they cut their eyes at her or turned their noses up as if she were a rodent. 

With the flawless scheme she had in mind, Petra wasn't just set on getting rid of Hiro. She had all the right people in place to make sure Hiro and his snotty-assed family members got what was coming to them as well, but something happened in the three months since she hired that fucking interior designer that changed it all. 

After stalking Yua's social media pages, she found one innocuous reference to her brother's new girlfriend. 

The message simply read...

"He is such an idiot for breaking up with his new girlfriend 😣😭. She was so nice and so pretty. Nothing like that B."

The message was short, cryptic, and kind of sweet until she read it a thousand or more times.

She looked at the date the message was posted and realized it was exactly two weeks after Hiro met with the woman who was scheduled to work on their home. She also noted it was right around the same time when he received a letter from her stating she could not change the house because he was too attached to it and she felt it would be a disservice to change the interior. The lady offered the names of other local designers and thanked him for considering her firm.

When he brought the letter to her, she cursed the lady and called her an undeserving asshole. 

That design firm was the best in the state and she wanted their company to create a palace environment. To be turned down by that black bitch, Petra spoke ill of the lady to anyone who would listen to her complaining.