21 ɤ Broken Dreams (BWWM) 📋

-PETRA-

Tear it all down.

How many times had she been forced to make changes that were uncomfortable and often scouring to the soul?

Petra never had a good thing. Her life had always been a series of badly strung-together misfortunes enacted on her being to destroy her body and her soul. To think that she still had a soul after a lifetime of abuse was contrary to anything that made a lick of sense.

Her own mother pimped her and her sister out. Men defiled her flesh as if she had no feelings and should enjoy the disgusting acts they repeated on her time and time again. When she began to enjoy the abuse, those same individuals would switch gears and deny her affection after inundating her life with more abasement than anyone should ever know.

Every individual who harmed Petra had their part to play in the monster they created. Since she was forced to learn how to live in her wounded skin, the woman did exactly what any survivor would do. Regardless of other people's mandates, Petra made the necessary changes to camouflage herself in order to travel down a crooked road with a fucked up mind.

She'd survived her mother.

She'd survived a brutal existence in her country.

She'd survived numerous gangsters and their thirst for perversities.

Fuck'm all.

Standing in front of the mirror was someone she hated with every fiber of her being. The person Petra viewed wasn't the woman she'd hoped to become.

With one snip at a time, she cut away the strands that drew their lying deceptive asses to her.

Petra stepped into the shower and when she emerged, an individual she had never seen before glared back at her. Gone was the blonde beauty that every dirty scumbag craved to possess. In the golden goddess's place was a demon challenging her to burn it all down.

The visage in that mirror represented the most accurate reflection of how she felt about herself and her predicament. After just enough time spent observing the shell staring her down, she grabbed her bags and headed to the office to take turn in the room key.

Walking down the highway, she brought together a plan to fix what had been broken. As a vehicle cruised by only to slowed down to a crawl, her skin began to tingle.

"Hey, sweet cheeks. Need a ride?"

"Naw, I'm good."

"Get in the car before I make you get your lil ass in here."

"Look dude, I'm not fucking interested."

The brakes squalled as the truck came to a sudden stop. After she walked a significant distance away from the hotel where she had been staying, darkness swallowed her whole. The lack of light on the highway should have terrified her, but Petra was built different. She had witnessed so much death and destruction in such a short period of time that she was numb to the demons that lurked around searching for victims to claim.

A filthy fat bastard with dirty shoulder-length shaggy brown curls stepped out of a beat-up gray and black two-tone Dodge pickup. The man had to be every bit of six-five or six-six. He was noticeably taller than Hiro and twice his size. The asshole had the nerve to skulk over to her as if she was supposed to whither in his presence.

"I said get your ass in the car."

"No."

He grabbed Petra's arm dragging her over to the truck. As he continued to forcefully move the woman, she reached into the back pocket of her jeans and pulled out a switchblade. The stranger was so intent on getting her to his vehicle that he failed to hear the click of the metal as she released the blade from its hiding place.